Priceline Hotel: 4* Sacramento (Downtown) Citizen Hotel

switters
By switters,
in

I've got a trip to Sacramento coming up. I need to be near the Convention Center downtown. I'd like to stay at a 4-star hotel. Is there any way of determining how many 4-star hotels there are in the downtown area? I'd like to find them on the map to see if I'd be okay with the distance of all of them from the Convention Center.

Thanks.

There is no way to know all the hotels (at any star level) in a given area that PRICELINE uses.

You can see all the hotels reported to the board in this Priceline Hotel List and/or use MAPS and HOTELS.com to see the 'retail' hotels that PRICELINE works with in this area. However, neither of these can be considered 'complete' since the former only contains hotels reported to the board (there could be others) and the latter plots the hotels from PRICELINE's retail section which uses a different universe of hotels than the 'name your own price' section.

You may also want to consider HOTWIRE where you can take an educated guess as to the property being offered based upon the amenities shown before your purchase... assuming you guess correctly, you'll then have an idea of how far the hotel you're about to purchase is from the convention center.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll try to be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your reply. After using the tools you suggested and doing some more research, it seems that the Sheraton, Hyatt and Citizen are the main 4* hotels in the downtown area. It's also clear from looking at the map a bit more closely that any 4* property in the downtown area would be no more than a few minutes walk or taxi ride from the Convention Center.

I'll definitely use the PRICELINE links for purchase.

If/once you're ready to proceed, let us know the date(s) of your stay and your maximum bid for a 4* hotel in this zone.. we'll then suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Thanks in advance for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Thanks! The date is August 9th, one night. I'd like to bid no more than $90, since it seems from the few results for 4* hotels in the downtown Sacramento area that this is a reasonable price.

I'm very early on this one. In my last bid for San Diego, I tried for several weeks unsuccessfully and ended up getting it about 5 weeks before the travel date. I may be too early now to get my bid accepted.

Did you want to start bidding now... or were you not going to start until closer to your stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Do you think it's even worth trying to bid now? You know much more about it than me. I think what I'll do is bid once a week for the next two months, and then step up my efforts as I get closer. So yes, I will start now.

When bidding 4* in Sacramento you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Sacramento...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Congratulations on your success!

While a little more than you had originally wanted to spend, hope you're happy with the deal you received and this works well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]