Priceline Hotel: 2* Cleveland (Beachwood) Homestead Studio Suites

Noelle_ov
By Noelle_ov,
in

I read the topics about splitting bids, however, trying to do so myself, I'm starting to wonder how taxes & service fees are calculated as it seems not only the service fee is charged again if you make seperate bids (which is logical of course), but the percentage of taxes& fees in total seems to increase when I compare the amount of taxes&fees charged for let's say a 4-night stay, compared to a 15-night stay.

If I bid $26 for a 15-night stay, the subtotal is $390, taxes&fees $73,20

If I bid $26 for a 4-night stay, the subtotal is $104, taxes&fees, $24,44

Now, if I make some calculations and take into account the 'pre-determined part' of the service fees (of approximately $5: I tried some variations) , I come to the conclusion that the additional percentage of service fees and the additional percentage of taxes that is being charged changes: it increases if I book a shorter stay - which makes it quite unnattractive to make two separate bids.

I want to add my colleague placed a split bid: $34 for 1 night and $34 for 5 nights (same area, same zone, same star level), and the bid was accepted for two separate bids by the same hotel, whereas this particular price bid of $34 was not accepted when he tried to book the same 6 nights in 'one bid'. (All the bids where placed in a matter of minutes adding zones). And again: the percentage of service fees & taxes was higher for the 1 night stay than the percentage of service fees & taxes for the 5 night stay (taking into account a 'pre-determined part' of service fees of about $5).

Does anyone have more insight in this: does the percentage of taxes&service fees increase when one books a shorter stay compared to a longer stay? Moreover, the experience of my colleague makes me wonder if Priceline uses this 'advantage' when they accept bids (as they accepted the same bid when it was split, whereas they didn't accept it when it wasn't split).

I'm trying to make a booking for 14 nights, but this just throws me off: I have no idea what would be my best 'bet': splitting (since my original offer is not accepted) or raising my bid further.

Thanks a lot, that explains about everything. I thought I read somewhere the percentage was stable but I was obviously wrong.

I was looking at a 2** hotel in the Beachwood, Cleveland Ohio area, dates 4/26-5/11. I just won the Homestead for the first five nights using your PRICELINE link (will post the result in the Priceline, Ohio forum) for $26 and I'm hoping to get the same price for the rest of the nights: a one time bid of $26 for 15 nights wasn't accepted, neither for $27 or $28 (I added zones, etc). I was just wondering if raising my bid would in the end result in a better 'deal' than placing - for example - two split-bids of $26 (which results in higher fees&taxes) - which of course would also depend on the amount of nights included in each separate bid.

I just won the 2** Homestead Studio Suites, Cleveland Beachwood, five nights (4/26-5/1) $26 using your PRICELINE link.

I placed a bid of $26 and tried to bid for 15 nights (4/26 - 5/1) but my $26, $27 and $28 bids were rejected. I then cut down on nights and in the end my $26 bid was accepted for 5 nights (4/26-5/1). I'm hoping to get almost the same deal for the rest of the nights; will continue bidding.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]