Priceline Hotel: 5/28-5/31- Montreal need assistance

asmit4
By asmit4,
in

I tried to get a 4 star hotel in Montreal for 3 nights 5/28-5/31. It's the US holiday weekend. With 3 free rebids, I am able to work it our so I can bid 8 times the permutation method.

I bid 7 of those times yesterday and got as high as $90/night and then decided to stop and try again 24 hours later.

I know it's a holiday weekend but since I've seen a lot of sells for 4 star and 3.5 star on another website selling for 70-80, I figured 90 would be enough to make it work.

I really don't want to go higher than 95/night not including taxes and fees. Any ideas? Perhaps I should just keep trying over the next couple of weeks. Maybe rooms aren't released available yet for that far off yet?

Hi. I'm trying the same thing for a weekend in mid June (11-13) and haven't had any luck. I notice that on the other side of Priceline (ie. not name your own bid) the only 4* available in Montreal is for $599! What gives?

Can you share your bidding strategy? I can't figure out how to get more than 5 rebids.

Thanks!

Using the advanced bid area I figured that we have 8 possible bids, they are listed below. This will allow me to bid more times than just the 3 rebids.

First bid : Montreal

Rebid: Montreal Laval

New bid: Montreal Point Clare

Rebid: Montreal, Point Clare, laval

New bid: montreal, longueuil

Rebid: montreal longueuil, laval

New bid: montreal, point clare, longueuil

rebid: montreal, point claire, longueuil, laval

Point Claire, Longueuil and Laval do not have any hotel better than 3.5 star so I can use those as rebids to my benefit. Under the standard system that gives me my main bid plus 3 more 're-bids' but if I use the strategy above for a 4 star hotel, I can get 8 bids. Keep in mind the above strategy ONLY works for 4 star hotels in Montreal only. If you want any other star level in any other location, this strategy will not work for you. If you let me know what you want, I can try and come up with a strategy for you :)

New Bid means I close the screen and start completely over, rebid means that after the 'sorry' page, I rebid adding the cities above as listed.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi. I'm trying the same thing for a weekend in mid June (11-13) and haven't had any luck. I notice that on the other side of Priceline (ie. not name your own bid) the only 4* available in Montreal is for $599! What gives?

Can you share your bidding strategy? I can't figure out how to get more than 5 rebids.

Thanks!

The reason prices are so astronomical is because that weekend is the F1 Grand Prix Weekend in Montreal and you likely will have no success using PRICELINE or HOTWIRE.

FB

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]