Priceline Hotel: Bidding help with Sydney 4* or 5* July 17-18

valjean13
By valjean13,
in

I need two rooms in Sydney July 17th. I've tried bidding both 4 and 5 star hotels up to $165, no luck. From what I've seen reported on the boards I should have been successful at a lower price. None of the regularly won hotels are sold out for that night, so that shouldn't be the problem. Does PRICELINE sometimes just not have rooms available?

Hotels use the opaque supplies to sell excess inventory which they don't think they'll be able to sell on their own (at full price), so when demand is higher than usual, there may be times when PRICELINE and HOTWIRE don't have access to any inventory. However, at the moment rates for these dates are not that high, and is suspect this may just be a case of it being a little early before your stay. I'd continue to bid once a week or so at this point for the next 2-3 weeks.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated and let us know what you decide and/or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]