Priceline Hotel: 4* Honolulu (Waikiki North) Hawaii Prince

lewis kravet
By lewis kravet,
in

Brand new to the bidding process. I am staying in Waikiki Beach area April 6th to the 9th. Would like a 4 star or better hotel. What price do I start, what price should I stop bidding, and what hotel should I expect? Any help would be appreciatled.

Staying from April 9th to the 16th in Maui. Same problem. Same needs! Any suggestions again about bidding.

Staying April 6th to the 9th (three nights) in Waikiki Beach area. Where do I begin? Want a 4 star or better hotel. Where should I begin bidding? How high should I go? What hotels would be available? How do I bid? What areas should I check and for how much? I need mucho guidance and explicit instructions or I'll screw everything up. Please advise!

By looking at the "packages" section, I can tell that you will almost certainly get the Prince in Waikiki for your dates at a good price. Read the recent hawaiian posts and the newbie bidding advice in the General Priceline Tips section first. Basically, you want to start at $100 and in $5 increments (or less if you're incredibly patient) keep raising your bid using the free rebids and 72-hour rule. Let us know how and goes or if you get stuck figuring anything out.

It looks like you will have a hard time in Maui getting a good deal on 7 consecutive nights in one property. What you probably need to do is split up the days into 2 or more blocks. You could figure out how to divide by checking dates on the packages feature. Use HNL as your "dummy"origin city, and subtract the airfare (about $350 for two). Then divide the number of nights for the priceline hotel cost. Read up on the posts for more guidance and then ask questions if you have any.

First thing you need to do is determine which zone(s) you want to bid on.

Go to Priceline and put in Waikiki, HI and then click next. You'll then see a map broken out into zones, i'm assuming that you want the Waikiki South and Waikiki North zones, but you should double check them yourself (if you click the zone, or the 'area details' link next to the zone name, you'll see a close-up of the zone)... are you comfortable with a win anywhere in that zone?

You can see the hotels reported thus far in our Priceline Hawaii Hotels list.

Once you let us know if either or both of the zones are acceptable we'll then be able to move forward with a suggested strategy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Always nice when it goes so smoothly!

Now your Maui stay is going to be more of a challenge. Get comfortable manipulating dates on that "packages" function to see where the cheap rooms are on each night. You can search it as many times as you want! See if there's a logical way to split up the dates. You could also wait a few weeks to see if more inventory becomes available. I'm not sure -- the middle of April shouldn't be too busy, so there's a chance that more inventory will come on line. That said, it can be hard to get a whole week on priceline in one hotel at rock bottom prices. Not usually a big deal -- most folks don't mind trying something new after 3 days, especially when it will save them a boatload of money. Not sure how familiar you are with the island, but you could split up your visit between Lahaina and Wailea if you're going to be doing sightseeing instead of just relaxing.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]