Hotwire Hotel: 4* Maui (Wailea-Makena) Makena Beach and Golf Resort

crabbie
By crabbie,
in

I am looking for a resort-level hotel room in the Wailea-Makena zone for my stay May 7th - 10th.

According to the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins, someone got Wailea Marriott Resort for the same date for $120. I bidded up to $155 without luck... I don't think Wailea Marriott Resort ever costs anyone on this forum that much...

I notice that Wailea Marriott Resort is the only resort reported here (possibly the only one in that area taking PL customers), so could it be that Marriott has been overbooked and stopped taking PL customers?

I know I am already pretty last-minute. I'm not sure whether I should wait a little longer or figure out something else...

P.S. I always use the PRICELINE link from this site

It's not likely that the Marriott is overbooked, but more so that they are booked 'sufficiently' that they don't feel the need to offer rooms at deep discounts to the opaque suppliers... they may be at nearly full occupancy for these dates at the moment and therefore have decided to hold on to any available rooms in an attempt to sell them on their own at full price.

HOTWIRE has what i believe to be the Makena Beach and Golf Resort for $154/nite... would this work for your plans?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding/purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can't bid on a specific property with PRICELINE... you have to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) you select.

The Makena Beach and Golf Resort is 4* rated by PRICELINE, but you could receive a different hotel. If you're trying to target this particular property, HOTWIRE would be a better option.

If you still want to bid on PRICELINE, let us know your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

crabbie

Thank you for sharing your result with the board!

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start future purchases.

Yellowdog.

Amenities

Resort, Beachfront, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Laundry Facilities, High-speed Internet Access, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Spa Services, Children's Activity Program

BTW, is this resort considered a Lahaina resort? I thought it was in Kihei...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]