Hotwire Hotel: 3* Orange County (Anaheim - Disney South) Hawthorn

oghsjbabbitt
By oghsjbabbitt,
in

I am going to Disneyland for a weekend trip from Fri Feb 18th to Sun Feb 20th. I saw that most hotels were full (Convention) but I had already arranged to have this time from work off. Seeing that Hotels that were availiable were charging 199 a night I was happy to see this hotel for $79. When I found out about the reviews I was dismayed.

Hawthorn Suites - Orange/Anaheim

720 The City Drive South

Orange, California 92868

(714) 740-2700

Zone: Anaheim - Disneyland South

Amenities:

Suite

Complimentary Breakfast

Pool(s)

Kitchenette

Golf Nearby

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

Thank you for sharing your results and helping to expand our hotel lists for this area.

Sorry to hear of yoru disappointment. On a positive note, the last review was from nearly 6 months ago... so there is a chance that things have changed.

Can you confirm that this property is in the Anaheim/Disneyland South zone (rather than the Anaheim/Disney North zone)?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I wanted to respond to the Hawthorn Suites issue. I also got this hotel early December and emailed hotwire as to the rating given it shows up as a 2* everywhere else. I realize this doesn't mean anything however there response was very weak. This hotel although in the South area is no where near the other South area properties such as Hyatt, Crown Plaza and Embassy Suites which are all approximately 1 mile from the convention area.

Long story short I had booked 2 rooms for 4 nights, over $500.00 for a company convention and after seeing how far and how low it actually rated I went back and got the Hyatt for 49.00. It may seem like a waste but the location was a huge difference and we came out well ahead of the convention rate of 159.00 for the Hyatt. I also have personally booked over 100 rooms all over the country for business and rarely have problems.

I received an email from Hotwire yesterday letting me know I had the option of cancelling and receiving a full refund because the kitchnettes were no longer available. Of course I took that!

I found your site after this happened in December and follow closely what people are posting and what they are paying. It has been very helpful.

Thank you.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]