Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Financial District-Embarcadero) Hyatt Regency

wolfgirl
By wolfgirl,
in

The dates are 4/30/10-5/2/10, 2 rooms, 1 adult in each.

Hotwire has a 3* Embarcadero hotel for $79. Amenities are:

Smoke Free Rooms, Restaurant(s), Business Center , High-speed Internet Access

80% recommendation, overall satisfaction 4.0

I've used google map to look for hotels within HOTWIRE's Embarcadero area and can't see a 3*. I'd really like to stay in the Embarcadero area and am worried if I bid on Priceline that I may get bumped up to the Hilton, which to my mind is not truly in the Embarcadero/Financial district area.

Thank you. I don't think I've stayed there before, but I've stayed at the nearby Harbor Court and love the location.

I didn't think it was the Griffon because that's listed as a 3.5* by Expedia and TripAdvisor, but I see Priceline has it as 2*. Ah...just seen Hotwire has it as 3.5* as a vacation package, and is also showing it as full that weekend (although it's not full according to the hotel's website, so I don't know what that's all about).

So I feel a bit uncertain still.

I'm torn between bidding on Priceline for 3* at Fisherman's Wharf, in the hope of getting the Tuscan Inn, or going for this. Either way, I'll post the result.

Griffon is currently 2* on Priceline and 3.5* on Expedia. It's not news that a hotel can have different ratings on various websites, but a range from 2* to 3.5* is unusual.

Although Hotwire and Expedia are owned by the same company each has their own rating system, and ratings aren't always consistent between the two. Hotwire Vacation Packages use Expedia ratings, not Hotwire ratings, so the same hotel could be rated 3* in a Hotwire "Hotel Only" purchase (Hotwire rating), but 3.5* in a Hotwire "Hotel + Air" package purchase (Expedia rating).

I still think this is probably Griffon.

If you want Harbour Court you could try bidding for a 3* on PRICELINE. You wouldn't get Griffon, since it's 2*. You could get upgraded to 3.5* Club Quarters or 4* Hilton though. If you don't bid higher than $55 for a 3* I don't think an upgrade is likely. But $55 might not be enough for Harbour Court, which is $159 for your dates.

Good luck, whatever you decide.

Thanks for your help with this. I decided to use Priceline to try to underbid the $79 for this hotel, and got the Hyatt Regency for $75, which is a perfect location for me. My friend had a preference for a boutique hotel which was why I was looking at this, but the devil on my shoulder told me to try for the Hyatt, which I've always liked.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]