Priceline Hotel: Maui Prince Hotel ?

jorosz
By jorosz,
in

Your question is actually difficult to answer. First, the Maui Prince is definitely classified as a priceline resort property. But for some reason when you do a "packages" search, it's listed in the Kihei area, not the Wailea/Makena zone. If my recollection is correct, there's NO WAY that hotel is in Kihei, because it's further south than the Wailea properties. Moreover, if you do just a "hotel" search, there are no Kihei resorts!

If you really want the Prince, what I might do is write priceline customer service and say you're trying to decide whether to bid on a package or just a hotel, but you're confused. You see on the packages feature that there are resorts in Kihei, but when you look at the bidding screen for hotels there are no Kihei resorts. And you can then specifically note that you think the Prince is in Makena, NOT Kikei. Could they explain?

Unfortunately, priceline customer service is usually pretty clueless (it's subcontracted overseas), so you're not likely to get a coherent response. But you could try! :)

My guess is that the Prince is actually in the Wailea/Makena zone NOW, but I can't be 100% certain, because I haven't seen anyone get it recently. There's also the Renaissance property there (also classified by priceline as a "resort"), which is often competitive in its priceline rates with the Marriott and the Prince. If you give us your specific dates, we can make a very educated guess whether you'd get "stuck" with the Marriott.

And, btw, unlike on Hotwire, you can't book a hotel/car package on priceline. You need to include a flight.

Hi Thank you for all the information. :)

The Maui Prince is the one of the last Resort Hotels that you come to in the Wailea/Makena area. The beeach in front is great for turtles. The dates needed are June 27th 2005 for 3 nights. I will try to contact PL and she what they say.

Thank you again for your quick response. :)

I was also wondering if anyone knew about the Grand Wailea if it is one of the hotels offered?

To my recollection, I've never seen anybody get tthe Grand Wailea on priceline, and I don't recall ever seeing it on a "packages" search. So while I'd never say never, I'd say your chances of getting it are virtually zero. Sorry!

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone,

I did send a question to priceline customer service regarding that on the packages feature that there are resorts in Kihei, but when you look at the bidding screen for hotels there are no Kihei resorts, and that we were wanting the Prince. I never got a response back from priceline.

We ended up booking a 2 Bedroom 2 Bathroom condo at the Maui Kamaole Resort from a private owner from VRBO B214 as we did not want one of the Marriott's due to the construction going on.

Jodi

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]