hotel for 4 or more people

pajammies
By pajammies,
in

This is my first post here so forgive me if this is in the wrong place...

I was looking at Priceline and it states that the rooms are only guaranteed for 2 people. Do we skip using Priceline if we are looking for a room to hold more people. We are traveling with a total of six. I would not expect six in one room to be an option but I would have thought 4 to a room would be the norm.

Any experiences on this? Thank you

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

PRICELINE only guarantees a room for two adults. That could mean one bed only.

HOTWIRE might be an option for you? You can search up to 4 guests per room there.

But please post your details (city, dates, desired star rating, budget, etc) for the upcoming stay so we can help you better.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

• 8 months later...

I too am wanting a room for 4 people in one room. You suggested Hotwire but they are more than priceline. What do I do? I'm new to the board. I am going to New Orleans Feb 3 to Feb 6, 2011. There are 8 of us so would like 4 in one room and 2 other rooms with 2 each. Can't take a chance I only get one bed. What are your suggestions.??thank you Catsandra

I too am wanting a room for 4 people in one room. You suggested Hotwire but they are more than priceline. What do I do? I'm new to the board. I am going to New Orleans Feb 3 to Feb 6, 2011. There are 8 of us so would like 4 in one room and 2 other rooms with 2 each. Can't take a chance I only get one bed. What are your suggestions.??thank you Catsandra

About the only way to be sure one doesn't get a room with one bed is to use Hotwire and put in three people - even 2 adults and one child. With Priceline, the hotels will often grant a two-bed request, but there is simply no guarantee for that ahead of time.

With your situation, if you don't absolutely all have to be in the same hotel, maybe you could start out bidding for two rooms via Priceline. When you got those successfully, you could contact the hotel and see if they would give you the rooms with two beds. Then you could get the 4-person room via Hotwire, specifically selecting for 4 people.

When you know what hotel you have won, there is all sorts of detail in the Hotel Review area. People often comment on the bed configuration, as it is an issue for others also.

Romelle

Please be aware of HOTWIRE's 4 in a room bedding policy...

A king size bed can according to HOTWIRE accomodate 3 people and they say this is the norm in the hotel industry(sic)

Which means if you are booking a room via hotwire for 2 adults and 2 of your children say ages 17 and 15, they will give you a king size bed (3 PEOPLE) and a fold away bed (ONE PERSON) which they say makes up the 4 in a room guarantee!

Pathetic if you ask me and it happened to me!!

I've linked above to polly021's thread where i had also commented when originally posted, but will add the above bed configuration is much more the exception than the rule... this board has seen thousands of rooms booked for quad occupancy, and i can only recall 2-3 instances where the user received one King and a rollaway. Yes, it can happen, but odds greatly favor two separate beds, imo.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I win the bid on a 3.5 star hotel on Priceline. When I saw the confirmation, I was shocked. It mentioned only for 2 people but we are 2 adult and 2 kids.Can you image a 3.5 star hotel standard room is only tinny room with 1 queen bed? I called the hotel and I was told priceline booked a small room with one queen bed and there is no space to put in any roll in bed. Then I called 3 times priceline customer support. Obeviously I receive same message No Refund, No Cancellation. They all trained same way" If you don;t have any other request, bye bye." One of the nicer lady promise me a $50 coupon for next booking. I thought at least I receive some compensation. But when I open my email, what I receive is if I bid again, I will have $10 off.

Do I bid at priceline again? No way! I am still worry about when we show up at hotel after long trip, there is not enough bed for our family. The hotel reservation desk told me they can't change anything for this reservation now, even I want to pay to upgrade to bigger room.

Anyone travel with more than 2 people, please don't risk to bid.

One of the nicer lady promise me a $50 coupon for next booking. I thought at least I receive some compensation. But when I open my email, what I receive is if I bid again, I will have $10 off.

That coupon is probably $10 off PER DAY, up to 5 days, so it really is $50.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]