Hotwire Hotel: 3* Portland (Airport PDX Entrance-Cascade Station) Radisson Hotel

schriff
By schriff,
in

SO - I booked the ALoft with the amenities below on Hotwire last week. Loved it!

Booked this week, made sure the amenities were the same and got the Raddison. :)

One thing is though is that when I looked at the Customer Recommendation rating it was 85%, After I booked it and was surprised by the result, I refreshed my search and saw a Customer Recommendation Rating of 55%. Actually called Hotwire on this and told them that the hotel I clicked on had an 85% rating. Of course, I have no way to prove that the 55% hotel that I got was the Raddison as they remove the recommendation rating after your book. I have an email into them trying to find out what the Recommendation Rating was for the Raddison to try and prove my Theory. ( I would have never booked a hotel with a 55% rating) For the record I have booked on Hotwire probably 25 times and never had this kind of issue but anyway... beware of the 3* at Cascade Station.

Amenities:

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Had the same issue with a hotel in Cascade Station. Hidden amenities lead me to believe it was aloft. Also, the Customer Recommendation stated "still gathering info on this hotel" so I naively assumed it must be aloft (since it's a new hotel). Received the Red Lion. By far the worst hotel near PDX. It's a shame that aloft and Hyatt are three star properties and so are dumpy properties like Red Lion and Holiday Inn. Beware when bidding Cascade Station!

Ya... The Customer Recommendation rating is the key... the aLoft is 85-90% the others are lower or have no rating at all... which is why I made sure the one I clicked on was 85% (which isn't what I got). The safer bet is the 3.5* at Cascade Station which is the Hyatt right next to the aLoft and is brand new as well and very nice. Of course it's a few dollars more but if you've gotten stuck at the Red Lion or the Raddison etc... you'll agree it's worth it!

schriff

Thank you for sharing your result with the board!

Sorry to see this!

Also thanx for reporting this new amenitie combo to the BetterBidding Hotwire Hotel List

Can you also please add a reply to this thread with the date(s) of your stay so we can add this information to the topic title and enable your win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Can you please post the price/night before tax/fee.

Please post any informative answer from HOTWIRE in this matter.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start future purchases.

Yellowdog.

SO - I booked the ALoft with the amenities below on Hotwire last week... I have booked on Hotwire probably 25 times and never had this kind of issue but anyway... beware of the 3* at Cascade Station.

Please being to share all your results with the board so that the information can best help other users.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sure... my stay was 4/16 - 4/17 and the cost was $49.

On a side note... to be fair, the Radisson is being remodeled and although it's poorly located and it certainly isn't as cool as the aLoft it wasn't so bad. The rooms were fairly nice and the staff was very helpful.

I will also post all my wins from now on! THANKS!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]