Airfare from ANC to TUL. may 11(pm)-may 21

eskimo2014
By eskimo2014,
in

I'm not sure how i'm supposed to go about doing the bidding process. I would rather not enter our Credit card numbers and such. Do i have to do this to submit a bid or will it let me know if the bid is accepted and then I can give my information? What is the usual lowest % i should bid at? and how often can i bid?

Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

No, you must enter your credit card details before you'll know if the bid is accepted or not.

What is the usual lowest % i should bid at?
Please post the price for the lowest fare you have found the conventional way so we can help you with this. Please list the fare as base fare plus fees/taxes.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

PS. Please follow-up this thread with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancell your trip, etc.

First, you mention in your topic title that you need an afternoon flight for your depature May 11th, but you can't control this with PRICELINE... are you able to depart any time during the day (or can you travel the following day if you have something you need to be doing in ANC on 5/11 during the day?)

You won't get any discount on the taxes/fees portion of your trip, so basically you need to discount the $485 rate and then add $80 in fees/taxes to that amount.

Airfare discounts are often far and few between, but i would begin by bidding $225 (plus taxes and fees) and then increase your bids by $10-$25 until you reach the maximum you're willing to spend on these tickets for an 'opaque' purchase. You can get an almost infinite number of re-bids by following the strategy used in the second post of this Priceline Airfare RE-bidding thread.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]