Hotwire Hotel: 3* Seattle (Southcenter-Tukwila-Renton) Holiday Inn South Grady

terpfan1980
By terpfan1980,
in

I'm comparison shopping a bit and looking to save some $$ for a couple of rooms in the Seattle area for a stay from 7/2/10 - 7/5/10

I'd prefer something like a Residence Inn, Courtyard or Homewood suites. Two rooms for each night.

In searching this site, I saw a few hits for Residence Inn (Renton-Kent) that are for Residence Inn Tukwila. I'm familar with that area and it would work well for my needs (I think), but my searches didn't show all that many hits for that area so I'm unsure of which other properties might come up if I bid on say a 2 or 3 star property there.

Also, if someone can confirm, will rooms purchased through Priceline at Residence Inn/Courtyard or Homewood include free breakfasts and such? I seem to recall a few of the Marriott properties that exclude the free meals and such if you purchase through Hotels.com / PRICELINE / HOTWIRE. It's not that big a deal though I'd probably reduce my bid a bit if I knew that food wasn't included with the rooms.

More questions :)

Any idea what zone

Springhill Suites Seattle Renton

is considered to be in?

If I could get rooms there, Residence Inn or at a Courtyard, I think I'd be fairly happy. The reviews of the Holiday Inn Renton (both here and at PRICELINE.com via the search link here) don't impress me all that much so I'd like to try to avoid there.

Any idea what 3* hotel is most likely to come up in the Seattle Airport zone?
If you enter "Seattle Airport" into the QUICK SEARCH box at the top of the page you'll see all PRICELINE and HOTWIRE related wins for this zone. You can then easily scan the results to see which hotels appear the most frequently.
Any idea what zone Springhill Suites Seattle Renton is considered to be in?
This is in PRICELINE's Renton-Kent zone.

I really think you're spending too much time trying to find the hotel you want, as there is no way to be able to target, or avoid, a specific hotel via PRICELINE... you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level, or higher, that you choose. If you're trying to target a specific hotel, or a specific type of hotel, HOTWIRE can be a better option... it may cost you a little more, but you stand a better chance of getting what you want.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you enter "Seattle Airport" into the QUICK SEARCH box at the top of the page you'll see all PRICELINE and HOTWIRE related wins for this zone. You can then easily scan the results to see which hotels appear the most frequently.

This is in PRICELINE's Renton-Kent zone.

I really think you're spending too much time trying to find the hotel you want, as there is no way to be able to target, or avoid, a specific hotel via PRICELINE... you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level, or higher, that you choose. If you're trying to target a specific hotel, or a specific type of hotel, HOTWIRE can be a better option... it may cost you a little more, but you stand a better chance of getting what you want.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

I might give Hotwire a try for this one, though I've not yet used them for hotels (I did use the links here to go with them for a rental car however :) )

On the hotels, I'm fairly flexible, but like to have some idea of what hotel I might wind up with and try to read the reviews in advance so I've got a good idea of what to expect.

LOL.

I used the HOTWIRE links here and matched (as best I could, and thought I was clear as to which Hotel I'd wind up with) the amenities list to what *appeared* to be Courtyard. After completing my purchase, Hotwire tells me that my $49 bargain rate is at Holiday Inn Renton.

I'll post my "win" on that in Hotwire area momentarily. It would appear that the Holiday Inn's Amenities list may need a tweak here as it pretty much directly matched the one that was shown for Courtyard :)

7/2/10 - 7/5/10

Seattle Renton area (Tukwila)

The amenities list that I was seeing for a $49 to be named later property matched the amenities list for Courtyard in the list of Hotwire Seattle properties here so I expected that would be where I'd wind up at, but oh well, $49 per night isn't bad (definitely less than the rack rate at Residence Inn that I had been looking at).

Hotel that I wound up with is the Holiday Inn (South Grady) in the Tukwila/Renton area.

Sorry to hear this one didn't go as expected... we have updated the Hotwire Hotel list accordingly.

While not the hotel you were expecting, the reviews for this property are overwhelmingly favorable. Neither this property, nor the Courtyard you were expecting, offers an included breakfast, so at least you're not "missing" anything you thought would be included, and hopefully you can make this work well for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]