Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Cleveland (Downtown) Doubletree Downtown Lakeside

kmbb
By kmbb,
in

Today, 4/14, around 1am EDT, I had two failed bids for 2* hotels.

Cleveland, OH

4/16-4/18

First bid:

Cleveland downtown, 2*, $36.

Second bid:

Cleveland downtown + Cleveland Heights, 2*, $42.

The three 2* hotel websites show Hampton Inn, Comfort Inn, and Holiday Inn Express at $119, $89, and $99 respectively.

I've seen fairly close wins near the $35-$45 price point for the outlying zones, so I think I'm close.

I really don't want to exceed $50/night before taxes/fees.

I'm in the 24-hour wait period, I think a reasonable strategy is to go to 3*, bid $50. If that fails, do a free rebid with 2*. If that fails, add Cleveland Heights again.

I'd prefer to stay Downtown, but I'm more cost sensitive than location sensitive after the $50 price point.

Thanks for any advice

kmbb

At the 3* level you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

So you could bid...

3* Downtown...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50

If that is rejected, to clarify... are both Downtown and Cleveland Heights acceptable zones?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 3* level you have TWO re-bid zones. <snip> and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

At 3*, it would be Brookpark and Elyria, I believe.

So you could bid...

3* Downtown...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50

I suppose bidding 4* would actually offer more rebids, right? All the Cleveland zones (except for Cleveland Heights) would be re-bids, no? Any downside to starting with 4* and working my way down?

If that is rejected, to clarify... are both Downtown and Cleveland Heights acceptable zones?

I would really prefer Downtown. I'll go to Cleveland Heights if necessary to stay under $50/night + taxes/fees.

I'm rebidding in about 30 minutes, so if you are going to reply, now is the time to do it. :)

Thanks

kmbb

Hate to reply to myself, but I guess the only downside to picking 4* is that it may be unachievable goal at my target price.

So I could add almost all the areas doing multiple rebids, and end up with a situation where I can't specifically target my desired downtown zone any more, so that once I drop the 4* to 3* that now there are too many undesirable un-removable zones that were used as rebids. I'd really be rolling the dice in that case.

Am I thinking along the right lines?

Thanks

kmbb

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]