Priceline Hotel: HELP! With 4* Toronto Hotel Jun 20-22

simms
By simms,
in

Hi there,

I've been looking at booking a room for 2 nt, Jun 20-22 in a 4*. Hotwire is giving me no 4* options (Just a Hotels.com link at a $300+ price).

Priceline isn't budging and I've increased my bid to $110 now and increasing. It's wild for rooms that normally cost in the 80-90 range.

What's going on? The G20 isn't for a few days after this period... is it likely that Priceline will take a $130 bid (~$140 all in) or will I have to settle for a 3.5* Novotel for $140?

Any suggestions?

Hi Simms,

I don't know if this is out of topic but I have been trying to use Priceline since 7pm and it is now 1am...and I keep getting the message that tells me to wait for 15 minutes. Did you get that as well?

I bid on Markham, Toronto yesterday on another computer and i got rejected 2 times (starting with a 40$). So today I decided to bid again and I even tried a 100$ bid and it still rejects my bid...

I don't know if there is something wrong with PRICELINE.

babyg18,

Please reply to your Priceline Markham thread with the date(s) of your stay and we'll address your questions/concerns there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

simms,

Please read and reply to your messages and we'll have a look and comment on the above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There is a large Art and Music Festival (North by Northeast) which takes place from 6/14-6/20 and i suspect the carryover from that event is causing the lack of availability and higher than usual prices at the moment.

Given HOTWIRE not having any 'opaque' availability, it's possible that PRICELINE doesn't either. Not sure how you feel about the Novotel, but if you don't book something now, i would at the very least book a fully cancellable back-up.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There is a large Art and Music Festival (North by Northeast) which takes place from 6/14-6/20 and i suspect the carryover from that event is causing the lack of availability and higher than usual prices at the moment.

Given HOTWIRE not having any 'opaque' availability, it's possible that PRICELINE doesn't either. Not sure how you feel about the Novotel, but if you don't book something now, i would at the very least book a fully cancellable back-up.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Now up to $135, over $150/nt with fees, and still no luck. Novotel is now up to $155/nt just over a few days :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]