Hotwire Hotel: 4* Phila. Center City E. - Park Hyatt? Loew's?

LarryK-Bos
By LarryK-Bos,
in

I'm new to the site and browsed thru some topics suggesting that a 4* Phila. Center City E. hotel could be the Park Hyatt or the Loew's. In the posts, the listed amenities /icons were essentially the same as what Hotwire was showing tonight for my intended May 26-29 stay: fitness and business centers, internet, spa, restaurant. The one additional icon I saw was B (boutique). Neither Hyatt or Loew's sound like boutique hotels. Has anyone had experience with that combination of icons? What hotel am I likely to get if I proceed.

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

Best guess for this property would be Park Hyatt.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link to start your purchase, and let us know how it goes or if you need any additional help with your stay.

Yellowdog.

PS. Please follow-up this thread with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancell your trip, etc.

LarryK-Bos:

If you check the Hotwire Hotel List on this site, I don't think you'll find Loew's hotwire icons including "boutique". Park Hyatt's does.

I don't think that I would describe the Park Hyatt as a boutique hotel, but since it only occupies six or so floors in what used to be the Bellevue Stratford Hotel, the rest of which is now an office building, I guess that's the consideration for the label. Parenthetically, Loew's occupies what was previously an office building!

Between the two, Park Hyatt is a no-brainer.

I was hoping the $127 hotel would be the Loew's, rather than the Park Hyatt, since I'm attending a meeting at the Loew's (where a so-called "group meeting" rate of $199 is available, only a bit less than the $225 retail).

I am looking to cut my lodging costs by staying elesewhere. I may opt for the $77 hotwire hotel, which seems to be the Crowne Plaza.

However, in the short-run, not using hotwire, but rather AARP/Expedia, I've booked a decent deal on a studio with kitchenette and pool at Windsor Suites for c. $90 (refundable).

I will continue to track hotwire to see what is available and I may pull a switch.

I will let you know what my final decision is.

I started a string last week (4/14) about a 4* City Center East hotel, which seems to be the Park Hyatt Bellevue, rather than the Loew's.

I have held off my purchase, waiting to see what develops. Today, HOTWIRE is showing a seemingly new 4* for my dates (5/26-29) at the surprisingly low price of $85 - with icons indicating: (1) smoke free; (2) fitness center; (3) bus. center; (4) restaurant(s); (5) hi-speed internet. This would make me think, based on prior postings (including that of "tiam") that it might be the Westin. However, the listing also declines to indicate the reviews, stating instead "still gathering reviews." That would seem to rule out the Westin (which, I assume is well-reviewed already). Any ideas what this "unreviewed" 4* property might be?

The Park Hyatt Philadelphia at The Bellevue has previous been seen with the Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa amenity combination so that would be my best guess for the hotel in your first post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I started a string last week (4/14) about a 4* City Center East hotel, which seems to be the Park Hyatt Bellevue, rather than the Loew's.

I have held off my purchase, waiting to see what develops. Today, HOTWIRE is showing a seemingly new 4* for my dates (5/26-29) at the surprisingly low price of $85 - with icons indicating: (1) smoke free; (2) fitness center; (3) bus. center; (4) restaurant(s); (5) hi-speed internet. This would make me think, based on prior postings (including that of "tiam") that it might be the Westin. However, the listing also declines to indicate the reviews, stating instead "still gathering reviews." That would seem to rule out the Westin (which, I assume is well-reviewed already). Any ideas what this "unreviewed" 4* property might be?

I believe this hotel is Le Meridien...........slated to open on May 6th. This is an upscale hotel run by the Starwood chain. This hotel is located on Arch St. in Center City near City Hall. I have booked a stay here for the same weekend and got Le Meridien for $83/night + taxes. Please use the link at the top of the page as I did when booking your stay! Good luck and enjoy!

• 1 month later...

After watching this trip for a month, to see if any last minute deals appeared, I have finally decided to stick with my non-Hotwire reservation (Windsor Suites - $90 with kitchenette and free internet).

The meridien - which has been available at prices ranging from $83 to $110+ was tempting - a good value. But those posh hotels charge $10 for internet access and don't have refrig. or kitchenette (apparently, they also have a new-fanlged kind of stocked mini-bar, which cannot be used as a personal refrigerator).

But i've enjoyed following the bidding and will use the site again when I'm looking for a Hotwire hotel. Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]