Hotwire Hotel: 2 1/2* Help Waikiki Beachside

bqredsox24
By bqredsox24,
in

Does anyone think this is the Aston Waikiki Beach Circle?

Selected amenities include: Near Beach, Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Tennis Nearby

5/10-5/13...$67 a night.

Sounds low but their standard rooms are around $100 now on Expedia.

I really want a partial ocean view one with hope of getting an upgrade to ocean view. Those POV rooms are $113 on Expedia. Might be worth it?

Never new Hawaii hotel search would be so complex :) :)

I think it is probably NOT the Aston Waikiki Beach Circle. Unfortunately, there are LOTS of 2 1/2 star Waikiki hotels popping up on hotwire for those days, and hotwire's Waikiki zones are very precise. So you're going to need to invest at least a half hour of time going through them on a "packages" search and figuring out (with a map) which hotel is the cheapest in each zone and star level.

That said, the general reviews I've read of priceline 2 star Waikiki hotels (which is what a 2 1/2 star hotwire hotel would be) are almost uniformly unfavorable. Almost everyone agrees it's worth "upgrading" to the 3 star level. And looking at priceline for those days, there are good deals on 3 star properties, probably under 70 bucks. So why do you want to fool around with a 2 star?

BTW, if you decide to bid on priceline for a 3 star, look very carefully at the available options. There seem to be 3 or 4 properties going for almost exactly the same price in a packages search, so you could get any one of them. Make sure they're all acceptable to you!

Oh ok...well I only chose Beachfront, Waterfront and Beachside and this was listed as Beachside. The list on this site shows the Aston Waikiki Beach Circle as 2.5...but that is ok. I already screwed myself with the Royal Garden (my mistake)...there is NO way I am bidding on Priceline again for a 3star...even with a packages search. I'll just go with what I know...

Thanks!

Hey, making one mistake doesn't mean you'll make another! Just check the right boxes. :)

Believe me, based on what I saw on the hotwire package page, it would be FAR easier to get an unexpected hotwire hotel. The zones they're offering are near baffling (they're pretty much dividing Waikiki block-by-block), so you'd have to be incredibly careful in trying to dicipher your probable hotel.

In contrast, princeline just offers 2 Waikiki zones. And if you follow the bidding strategies outlined here, you are likely to get far more value on priceline (heck, the mistake you made on priceline is STILL a better deal than hotwire!). That's because everyone at hotwire pays the same markup. On priceline, you can use bidding smarts to reduce that markup.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]