Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Toronto (Downtown East) Delta Chelsea

safari050
By safari050,
in

Hi,

I am debating between two hotels for my trip to Toronto... one is 3.5* and one is 4* in east downtown toronto.. from 16th to 18th of April..

The 3.5* hotel's description:

- Amenities: Fitness, Pool, Restaurants, Business Center, Internet Access.

- Price : $79

and the 4* hotel's decription:

- Amenities: Suites, Fitness, Pool, Restaurants, Business Center, Internet Access.

- Price : $89

Thanks a lot for your support..

Not sure how to edit my post.. but i was looking again at the Hotwire offerings and they seemed to chage.. so that makes the description as follows:

The 3.5* hotel:

- Amenities: smoke free rooms, Fitness, Pool, Restaurants, Business Center, Internet Access.

- Price : $79

and the 4* hotel:

- Amenities: Fitness, Restaurants, Business Center, Internet Access.

- Price : $89

Thanks again.

The 3.5 sounds like Delta Chelsea and the 4 star sounds like either Westin or Marriott Eaton Centre EAST. Just my guess based on ammenities. Id go with the 4* myself. My boyfriend has stayed at the Delta Chelsea and said it was getting run down and as well check in lines were insane and always busy

When I tried the search, the 4* hotel was $99 and had the following amenities: Smoke Free, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business, High-Speed Internet, and Spa. This is a match for the Westin Harbour Castle. I don't want to venture a guess with the listings you saw without being able to see them for myself.

The 3.5 sounds like Delta Chelsea and the 4 star sounds like either Westin or Marriott Eaton Centre EAST. Just my guess based on ammenities. Id go with the 4* myself. My boyfriend has stayed at the Delta Chelsea and said it was getting run down and as well check in lines were insane and always busy

The Delta Chelsea has 2 towers, one older and one much newer and nicer. If you sign up on-line for the free Delta Privilege program, there is a priority check-in desk (even for basic members), and they will generally upgrade you to the newer tower if available (again, even basic members, if you ask nice :))

The Delta Chelsea has 2 towers, one older and one much newer and nicer. If you sign up on-line for the free Delta Privilege program, there is a priority check-in desk (even for basic members), and they will generally upgrade you to the newer tower if available (again, even basic members, if you ask nice :))

Oh really? is there a charge to be a part of this or do you need to anything specific or just sign up? I was thinking of staying there in July but the pics on TripAdvisor really arent positive

Thanks a lot guys.. i finally went with the 3.5* hotel and it was indeed Delta Chelsea -- Thanks Mandagirl :)

@ tilepusher: you were right, the offer changed to $99 for the 4* hotel

@ robteb: i will definitely try to "ask nice" and perhaps get a room in the new tower !!

Thanks again..

Oh really? is there a charge to be a part of this or do you need to anything specific or just sign up? I was thinking of staying there in July but the pics on TripAdvisor really arent positive

The Delta Privilege program is completely free. Just sign up on the Delta Privilege website and print your own card immediately. The elite levels (if you stay a lot) are also very good -- credit on your card which can be used for free rooms stays, meals, whatever. BTW, all levels, including basic, can request late check-out up to 6 PM!!

The Delta Privilege program is completely free. Just sign up on the Delta Privilege website and print your own card immediately. The elite levels (if you stay a lot) are also very good -- credit on your card which can be used for free rooms stays, meals, whatever. BTW, all levels, including basic, can request late check-out up to 6 PM!!

Cool thanks for the info. Maybe I may reconsider staying here. I do like that the airport express stops here so its easier for my boyfriend. Hmm I think I should go check out the pictures again on tripadvisor

Great info.. if i may add, when filling out the form for the Delta Privilege program, they need your credit card number i called to ask for the reason, and they told me that this will eliminate the need of presenting the credit card used to book during the check-in..

however now i have a question for you.. i asked them to confirm my booking and they told me that they have a room with two beds.. he said that's what they have assigned for me.. can i change that upon arrival? does having the Delta Privilege and giving my credit card information fix that room, or i can still request a room with one bed and perhaps in the new building?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]