Priceline Hotel: Help: 4 Star Chicago Downtown for 10/27 & 10/28

diesteldorf
By diesteldorf,
in

It will need to accomodate 3. A Cot is OK

Priceline only guarantees double occupancy... you could (potentially) get a hotel that does not offer cots or has rooms which can not accomodate a rollaway bed.

If you choose to accept this risk and wish to use Priceline anyway, you do have re-bid zones available, but you should know how to figure these out yourself as they need to be checked before each round of bidding to make sure you don't end up in an area you don't wish to stay. Re-bidding is discussed in this Priceline Re-Bidding Explained thread, and we encourage you to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones before bidding.

Once you have re-bidding understood you'll also need to let us know which priceline zones you're willing to bid (i'm assuming NMA and Loop) as "downtown" is not a priceline zone... but please confirm that this is where you want to stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Rates are currently high for these dates and i'm doubtful $100 will be successful, but to give it a go...

Select 4* NMA...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Loop...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* NMA and Loop...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all your help. I bid up to $220 and was still denied. I elected to go through Starwoods.com and use a 50% certificate to get a 4 star for price that was close to what I had bid on Priceline.

I appreciate your help and will use a similar strategy (hopefully successfully) when bidding again next time I visit Chicago.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]