Priceline Hotel: victoria question

WEARE
By WEARE,
in

When looking at pricelines availibilty before bidding they list another 4 star possibilty besides the marriott

that is considerably cheaper. Does this mean if I bid I may get this hotel has anyone else recieved another

four star in victoria besides the marriott. the one I'm talking about is the harbour towers. Plus when I go into the bidding screen the average price is 231. the marriott is 233 and the harbour is 154 so dont know how to take this your help would be appreciated.

Any hotel of that quality level in that zone is a possibility. The two sides of priceline (name-your-own-price and traditional booking) do NOT share inventories. What you see in the traditional side has almost no bearing on the bidding side. Your bid could win you a hotel that appears no where else on priceline's listings nor our listings. It's always a risk.

Average retail price on the bidding side is a suspicious figure and shouldn't really have an impact on how you bid. If you want to incorporate retail prices in how you frame your bids, you should do research on pricing for the likely hotels yourself and compile your own average, if you'd find that number helpful.

Good luck and welcome to betterbidding!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]