Priceline Hotel: Jacksonville (Orange Park) La Quinta

divineMsM
By divineMsM,
in

Submitted first bid as $38 and chose 2 star, Orange Park vicinity. I had hoped to land the Orange Park La Quinta with this. That bid was rejected, so I then increased the bid to $41, then $45 and finally $51 - without success. I did not want to add a vicinity because I really need to be staying as close to my handicapped friend (who lives less than 1/4 mi from that La Quinta) as possible. All bids up to $51 per night for 2 star accomodations in Orange Park were rejected. What's odd to me is that Expedia has rooms at the Orange Park La Quinta for the dates I need for only $59 a night. Wonder why Priceline wouldn't accept a bid which was just $8 per night lower than the Expedia rate? It seemed impossible to get into that La Quinta via priceline without adding "downtown" and risking being stuck with God only knows what in downtown Jacksonville.

The La Quinta in Orange Park has been won in that zone in the past, but of course this is no guarantee that it is still in the zone (zones can change).

$51 seems high enough to get it if there was availability. If no 2* hotels have kicked rooms to Priceline it really won't matter what you bid.

I might suggest using Amelia Island or Mayo Clinic/Beaches to rebid since rooms in these areas are usually more expensive than Orange Park. Do this at your own risk because nothing is certain with Priceline and $50+ for a 2* might be high enough to win these zones.

FYI - I just $26 on a 2* on the Southside for tonight and tomorrow night and got the old rebid offer if I raise my bid by $7.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]