Priceline Hotel: NYC 1/1//07-1/4/07

norwegianwife
By norwegianwife,
in

NOt sure if I should start a new thread, as all hotels are tied to the same trip.

Today on Hotwire, they are offering a 4* in MTC for 133 dollars a night for January 1-4, 2007! Last week, there was nothing under 200 dollars!! Any ideas which hotel this is?

Here are the amenities listed:

Hotel Amenities

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply. Spa Services

Guests have access to a spa facility or spa services; an extra charge typically applies.High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply. Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

I think we will put together a bid and try to undercut the price via priceline, but history tells me that if the hotel is being offered on Hotwire for 133, we could probably get it for around 100 or so on Priceline.

what does everyone think??

This portion should be in a new thread, but it'll be moved to a new one by thereuare.

The above does appear to be the Le Parker Meridien. However, I'm unable to view the rates on their website, so I'm not sure if there will be any difficulties trying for it on Priceline. Assuming you know the 2 free rebid areas for NYC, you can try the following if you are willing to stay in MTW or MTE. Any questions, please ask before bidding!

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and MTE...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser.

Accessed Priceline through Savingsbarn.

started at 99 bucks in UM-CPS and added rebid zones up to 115. No bites.

I find it a bit interesting that I didn't even get a counter offer based on the hotel available on Hotwire for 133.

Needless to say, we are not in any hurry, but if we could get a hotel in MTC (according to Hotwire zoning) for 133 dollars, we may just go ahead and snag it.

Move to a NEW TOPIC since it is for different dates than the thread previously replied to.

Since you may (likely) receive a different hotel for this part of the stay, having the threads separate will enable us to ultimatley reflect the results (hotel name, dates, price, etc) in the topic title and other will be able to see teh pertinent info by scanning the topic titles of the forum.

Looks like you seem to have the strategy stay under control, but if you need assistance feel free to ask.

Thanks for trying thru the SB links :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]