Priceline Hotel: Vegas 5* Bid Help 3/19-3/22

shellzee1
By shellzee1,
in

The conventiion is certainly not going to help, neither is your Friday night.

IMHO:

Book a cancellable backup and then wait until about 1 week before the trip to bid for hopefully inventory that the hotels have released due to undercapacity for the convention.

Also I think the Friday night could be a problem as this will probably require a higher bid than the Wed\Thurs if\when inventory becomes available.

From another source :) someone got the Venetian for the 24th for $265!

Good luck :)

Well I have some really flaky friends and family so this trip is off for these dates also.

I am trying to get some new dates in place.

I am thinking it will be april 16 - 19th but I am not going to waste anyone else's time on this board. I am just going to use the savingsbarn link and bid for those dates.

Thanks as always

Okay I know I said in my last post that i would do this on my own but I need help.

I have a room reserved (cancellable) at the Bellagio apr 16-19, $169 per night, total price $553.

Been trying to bid to get the Venetian at the $99 rate for that time.

Tried apr 16-19, that didnt work

Tried apr 16-18, that didnt work either, even though the rate on the site for that period is $169 a night.

Is it because I am bidding too early. I know that the $169 is a helluva rate but I want to be cheap.

does that mean if i click on the website through your link you will get money for it.
Esentially "yes", if you book your reservation by clicking on our link we receive a referal commision, which is how we pay to keep this site running and online. :)

If you want to try for a 5* on Priceline i would bid up to $140, but keep in mind that after their fee you're probably looking at only about a $25 savings per nite and you'll likely have to change hotels for the last nite, so not sure if success at $140 (or anything about $120) would really be worth it do to the hotel change (as we're talking about two very nice hotels)... but it's up to you what you prefer and how much you view changing properties as an inconvenience.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]