Priceline Hotel: Need help for Disney area 2/9-2/15

iluvdisney
By iluvdisney,
in

Hi,

I have a question about bidding on a hotel . We are going by train and we will just about have to have a shuttle that will take us to the Disney parks. Does anyone know what hotels are showing up most often arounf these dates. I risked it las year and got the Hilton in WDW for $60 which was awesome but I really need to get something for less this year and it doesn't matter what as long as its at least a 2 or 2.5 star although a 3 star would be great. Any advice is welcome!!!!

I got the 2.5 star Holiday Inn Nikki Bird for $35 for earlier in February. It does have Disney shuttle service.

That said, Disney area hotel shuttles (especially for off-site properties) are notoriously inconvenient. I got a car on priceline for $12/day. If you're able to drive, I think you could take your chances bidding on priceline for a hotel and then renting a car if you don't like the shuttle arrangements (or the hotel doesn't have one). I think the cost of a car in the context of Disney vacation is almost trivial.

I had asked about your plans if the hotel does not have a shuttle as it is something you need to be prepared for.

At the 3* level you have 6 re-bid zones, at the 2.5* level you have 5 re-bid zones, at the 2* level you have 1 re-bid zone. If you''re not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

If you're ready to bid, I would begin as follows...

Select 3* WDW...

Bid $25, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $27, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $29, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $31, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $33, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $34, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $35, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* WDW...

Bid $25, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $27, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $29, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $31, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $33, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $35, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2* WDW...

Bid $24, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $28.

Any questions regarding the above feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks so much for the replies. I will be trying the suggested bidding pattern. Concerning a rental car, I have never got one from priceline and actually have never gotten one on vacation(we usually drive our own car or use the shuttle) at all. If I get one can anyone tell me where I have to go to get the car if I am coming in on Amtrak. I have read that the car rental company will cover your taxi ride to them but is that still true when getting it on priceline? Any rental car advice is welcome!! Also if I don't get a rental car would it be a better strategy to use hotwire as there you can often identify the hotel? I will be trying to get my room starting Feb.1 as that is when I will have the money. I will keep you updated. Any more advice, suggestions welcome!

It doesn't sound as if your bidding is dependent upon a rental car, so why don't you first try the bidding and see if you have succes, and if so what hotel you receive, for if it has a shuttle i imagine you won't likley be wanting to rent a car (to save the expense).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Travel costs are generally cheaper when you don't do anything unusual. Taking Amtrak -- especially outside the Northeast corridor -- is pretty unusual! So the car rental companies may not be geared up for it. That said, I suspect (hope?) that Amtrak itself could furnish you with info regarding which agencies assist their pax with either an in-station counter or a free ride to their rental station. Once you find out who will serve your needs, you can comparison price shop. My guess is you'll pay more than if you were arriving at the airport (where 90% of people rent cars), but not too much more because it's the competitive Orlando travel market.

I was hoping someone could help me to identify this hotel as I did not see it on the list. It is in the Universal seaworld area. It is a 2.5* at $46. The amenities are as follows: suite, complimentary breakfast, pool, fitness center, kitchenette, business center and Laundry. Does anyone know what this one is? If so has anyone ever stayed there? Thanks!

So post here last minute :)

It's not really fair to us, nor the other members of the board who are waiting for help, to look for and research hotels for you when you're not ready to purchase. The above hotel, which is above your previously stated limit, may not even be offered on Hotwire by the time you are ready to make your purchase.

Oh just understand, that there a many here to help. BUT when you ask for advice yet yet are unsure of what you are doing. State that up front as it will help those that do respond to act accordingly.

Cheryl

Whatever route you end up going, wishing you the best and safe travel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]