Hotwire Hotel: Help - Times Square 3.5 Star - Pool, Spa, Laundry?

Twirlie
By Twirlie,
in

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

I am seeing $167 and 80% Recommended.

Dates April 7th-9th.

Any ideas?

Room Mate Grace was my guess too - although spa is pushing it a bit!

There's another one 3.5* ESB - 80% Recommended $163

FULL AMENITIES: Boutique hotel, Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access

Any idea? I'm thinking Martha Washington

We're really struggling to find a hotel for these dates. :(

I'd agree a new amenity set for the Martha Washington would be a possibility, although it may be something else - this listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board.

What are you looking for in terms of hotel?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Honestly? I think I'm looking for the impossible! 2 rooms, 1 that's fine for double occupancy, the other needs to sleep 2 adults (mother and daughter) and 1 child (who's 5). We have clearly travelled to NYC and got bargain deals too many times as the budget my friend (with the triple occupancy room)  has set is $160 (or £100) all in, including taxes per night which I don't think is particularly doable anywhere other than priceline or hotwire. We've stayed in a 3* before but most of our trips have been in 4* hotels. As we're coming from a 4.5* in Orlando, I think anything less than a 4* in NYC would be too much of a shock to the system with the room sizes being the biggest difference between hotels with that difference in star ratings, and I don't want to be cramped, especially as we're going to be spending more time than usual in the room as we'll have children with us.

I'm going to have a talk with her in the next few days about increasing the budget. As we're travelling with kids ideally we want to be in or near Times Square. I got (and LOVED) the Lexington in MTE for $100 a night the last time I visited with my son but that was a total fluke. My friend seems to think prices will plummet if we book last minute but I'm not so sure and would rather have something in place now.

My friend seems to think prices will plummet if we book last minute but I'm not so sure and would rather have something in place now.

That was a greater possibility a while back right after 2008, when you saw a lot more in the way of "last minute" deals. As traffic/demand has ramped up again, there's less in the way of last minute deals (and rates can absolutely head higher closer to the dates, although this is sort of on the border around the period where rates start to head up into the Spring.) There's no way to know for sure, but overall, rates can absolutely move higher and do so suddenly.

$160 is unfortunately going to be difficult, especially with the triple occupancy room, as NYC's lack of rooms with more than one bed (given the small size of most rooms, rooms with two beds almost always go for a premium and if you search for more than 2 on HOTWIRE, you often see a noticeable bump up in cost and often less options.)

The other idea is looking at PRICELINE EXPRESS, which occasionally has listings with bed choice. However, $160 with taxes/fees is still going to be tough - especially if the triple occupancy room results in a bump up in cost.

Please keep us updated with budget and let us know if you have any additional questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I was doing 3 searches and cross referencing - 1 with 2 rooms (which assumed triple occupancy in all), 1 with 2 adults, 1 child and 1 with 1 adult, 1 child. There was a big difference when it came to booking separately.

An update - we have now booked the Roosevelt in MTE for $199 + Tax direct with the hotel. Both of us have rooms that are triple occupancy for that price, it has free cancellation and it doesn't look like they're wanting the money upfront either which I think is a pretty good deal. :D I'm now just looking for a room for my son and I for the 9th-11th and the Roosevelt for some reason leaps up in price for those days. I'm wondering about maybe going a bit outside the usual zones for that, as we've stayed in chelsea, times square and MTE several times now, plus we'll have done all the usual kid friendly haunts during the previous 2 days. Do you have any suggestions for me?

Glad to see you found something that works for your needs.

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]