Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Loop/Grant Park) Hilton (3* upgrade)

ravinia
By ravinia,
in

We were trying for a Hyatt, (FFNs) :) , so tried the usual $65 4* NMA, which these days often gets the Hyatt Regency, no luck; then 3* Loop up to $55, seeing a low Hyatt.com rate for the Printer's Row. Went over the "upgrade" point of $56 without fear of getting the Palmer House, (showed unavailable) but with known risk of the Hilton, which showed webrates down to $103. Placed final bid for 3* $62 Loop based on info from TOBB, hoped for the best, but knew this could happen. We've stayed here before, many lake view rooms have two bathrooms, but their 11:00 AM checkout is a hassle.

Interestingly, in all my hotels stays, the only brand that refuses me late checkouts is Hilton. The worst was at an HGI in Oakbrook, Il .... I had stayed there for 13 straight nights and requested an extra half hour .... and they flat out said "NO".

Hyatt, Sheratons ... never ever a problem!!!

Yeah, last time we got a flatout "NO" despite obviously low occupancy rates.

Sunday checkout may mean that mgt. doesn't want to call in workers at the extra $1 or 2/hour, instead leaving rooms unmade until Monday. (OK, another chain affiliate tipped us off to this trivia, explaining why on an empty Sunday night they had only a few rooms open). Hyatt has always been very gracious in this regard. We tip housekeeping either way; it's not their fault.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]