Priceline Hotel: Resort Phoenix (North) Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak

TDReid
By TDReid,
in

It depends what star rating you use. The Mobil Travel guide has it rated as a 3 star, but it also has properties like the Arizona Biltmore, the JW Marriott Desert Ridge, the Pointe South Mountain and the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess as 3 stars.

Mytravelguide.com has it as a 4 star.

Travelocity has it as a 3 star with an average nightly rate of $159.

Tripadvisor.com has it listed as a 4 star and ranked as the #16 hotel in popularity of the 153 hotels in Phoenix.

Amenities:

24 Hour Front Desk

Bar/Lounge

Business Center

Coffee Maker in Room

Concierge

Fitness Center or Spa

Free Parking

Golf

Handicapped Rooms/Facilities

Laundry/Valet Services

Mini Bar

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Parking

Pool

Restaurant

Room Service

Shops/Commercial Services

Television with Cable

Tennis

VIP Rooms/Services

I hope this helps.

TDReid,

I echo your sentiments exactly. I had been bidding for the last three weeks in the Phoenix North area, for 11/23 thru 11/25. I kept getting rejected even though I STARTED at $60 and went up to $85 with free bids. Thanksgiving Day was in there and family blamed that for the reason. Hilton had a web only rate of $97 so I took that to mean they still had cheap rates available. I was also hoping for either of the other two resorts, and finally last week I got the Squaw Peaks Hilton for $60 on the first bid. (We were bidding for three rooms by the way.) My daughter stayed here two years ago, and they are SO excited we got this place. There is another review on the "other" crabby :) site that was just listed from their stay last week. Very favorable. I am thinking of requesting the north tower area near the pool with the swim up bar since our daughters and their friends are in their 20's and joining us. It seems those are newly renovated rooms and near a more "adult pool." I look forward to your review on this property.

I am now trying to decide whether to risk a three star bid in Flagstaff or just book the Embassy Suites straight out. I think the four breakfasts (cooked to order!) and the happy hour may make up the priceline difference! Good luck on your stay. ENJOY!!

Thanks TDReid,

I am so glad you had a great experience. I always feel the same aprehensions you mentioned, because you just never know what to expect from a priceline bid. I am very excited about staying here, since the past few reviews have been so favorable. Thanks for your time posting your review! I shall report back after Thanksgiving weekend! Good luck with future bids! :)

Just completed a one night stay at Squaw Peak Hilton on a free night cert. They upgraded us to a Presidential Suite (there are around 30 of these). So wasn't punished at all for not spending a lot. These suites are two story and have a kitchenette, living/dining area and half bath. Upstairs is the bedroom and main bath. Two TVs also. Covered parking. Enjoyed our stay very much.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]