Priceline Hotel: Help with Westchester NY Hotel Bid

liz1992
By liz1992,
in

hello,

Its been a while since I've used the boards for help. you were my ace last time so here I go again.

I am lookng to bid on Westchester Tarrytown Elmsford.

I am looking for this weekend. Don't know if I'm too late already.

I'd love to get a wining bid at either the Marriot or the Hilton.

I'm going to be a Grandma this weekend and have to stay to be with my son & his wife and my new grandson.

So, could you please give me the bidding format again.

I am going to bid at Priceline.

2 nights, September 30 & October 1st

3*

Westchester Marriot

Hilton Tarrytown

2 people

price, (i will find it now)

and I can't remember the rest and am not sure if that's right.

I will study the boards right now to find the format.

Thanks again.

And by the way if i hadn't said it before my trip to San Juan and the Adventure of the Seas was outrageous and so was the Mariner out of Port Canaveral.

The Tarrytown Hilton is now a Doubletree Hotel, and is sold out for your dates of travel. If you check the Marriott website through the Travel Links to Help Support BetterBidding, you will find that the Marriott is available for $89. This is a great rate but is prepaid and not cancellable. There is a Ruth's Chris' Steak House in the lobby, a temple of well-marbled beef :)

I checked the Marriot thru Travel Links and a whole bunch of others also. Using the ADP promo code gets $89.00 also.

I wish I was a MMP (employee) rate is $49.00.

I was just at Hotwire. They show a Tarrytown White Plains 2 star for $71.00 per night.

I checked the Hotwire list on these boards and can't find a 2 star in the list for Tarrytown/White Plains.

Any idea which hotel that may be or where i can figure it out?

Quote: Were you ever successful for your PRICELINE SAN JUAN stay?

No I wasn't successful I tried for the Caribe Hilton and the Park Plaza Normandie. I think i bid up to $131.00 for Januray 18th 2004. Then we ended up booking the Howard Johnsons in San Juan because that's where the rest of our group stayed. It was just okay for an overnight. I wouln't recommend it. Didn't eat there either. Not very clean or very friendly. The only good thing was the location. There was also a great bar across the street at the hotel on the beach.

The Water Tower Boutique Hotel was an interesting site with all the blue lights on every floor.

Okay, gotcha. I'm a little slow. I realized what you were helping me see. I will follow up in the proper board. I did a review at trip advisor on Ho Jo's too and will copy & paste that also. Thanks for directing me to my old post, now I have the info I needed to begin with. i will catch it up tomorrow.

Thanks for the follow up, this will bring closure to your previous thread.

As for Westchester, NY.....since this 2* is not yet identified, it could be any number of properties. The Wellesley Inn, Elmsford was recently downgraded to a 1* from a 2* by Priceline, not sure if this hotel participates in the Hotwire program. You have some options:

Bid on Priceline Tarrytown-Elmsford area at the 3* level. You have only one rebid opportunity (Mt. Kisco-Armonk). You could lower your star rating to 2.5* and bid, there is also one rebid opportunity (Mt. Kisco-Armonk)

Buy the Hotwire room @ $71 and hope its not the Wellesley

Book the Marriott at the $89 non-refundable rate.

When comparing hotel rates, I always look at "walk out" pricing, that is, the room rate with all taxes and fees. If you do this, you might find that the Marriott for $89 might be a few bucks more than the other options, but you will be staying in a really nice property.

$89.00 for the Marriott is a bargain.

I have stayed there many times before and yes it is a very, very nice place to stay. Very clean, my favorite thing. Great food, wonderful breakfast buffet. We used to do special occasions there, where we got dinner & breakfast included. the Marriott website offers getaway packages that are very reasonable. Every stay we had there was worth every penny. The location is also easily accesible.

dahammer,

I think I may have found the 2* in Tarrytown.

Springhill Suites by Marriott.

Rating: 2*

Address: 480 White Plains Road

Tarrytown, NY 10591

Amenities: Wheelchair/free parking/spa/mtg. rm

Coffee Maker

Room Safe

Modem/Data Port Connection

Non Smoking Available

Hair Dryer

SpringHill Suites is Marriott`s moderately priced all-suites lodging designed for the guest who wants spacious and functional accommodations with the extras of a full-service hotel.

liz, what was the rate? Was this a Priceline or Hotwire win? If Hotwire, can you please list the amenities? Just go to "my history in your Hotwire account.

I stayed here just after the hotel opened, and it was one of the first hotels that featured WiFi, so I had to run out, back across the TappanZee bridge and purchase a wireless card for my laptop :)

This is a really nice "mini-suite" hotel for a 2*, and I think it includes free continental breakfast.

I didn't bid. I didn't win. I just tried to figure out which hotel the 2* was. I found it somehow thru the travel links.

I think this was the one on Hotwire. Tarrytown/WP 2* $71.00 per night.

• 5 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]