Priceline Hotel: 4* Vancouver (Downtown) Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel

FrazierGA
By FrazierGA,
in

I started with your PRICELINE.com link.

I saw that someone had gotten the Hyatt for $110 for Aug. 23 a couple of months ago, and starting in May I bid up to $100 (trying to get an even better deal) but with no success. About a month ago, I started bidding up to $125, with no success. About ten days ago, I bid up to $125 for a 4 star and $120 for a 3 star, still without success. Yesterday, I bid up to $135 for a 4 star and $125 for a 3 star, still without success. I was offered the opportunity to increase my bid to $169, but I declined. However, that did give me an idea of what it would take to win. Today, my bid of $150 was accepted. The hotel website has a rate of $240.

I was spoiled by my winning bid of $90/night for a 4 star hotel (Westin Bayshore) in November of last year. Obviously, the difference between late summer and early winter makes a huge difference! (The Westin's rate for my stay this time is over $300.)

Although this trip is costing more than I had anticipated, I am looking forward to seeing some sunshine on this trip. It rained every day on my trip last year.

Thanks again for the service this board provides.

Congratulations on your success!

Given the higher seasonal rates glad to see you received a nice deal for this trip and are happy with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay and hope the weather cooperates for you. :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi FrazierGA,

Thank you for posting your win! I am also trying to book a 4* hotel in Vancouver downtown during similar periods. I was just checking the regular booking page on PRICELINE, and for this Marriott Pinnacle Hotel, the regular booking page says "Note: This hotel has a $58/night mandatory fee which is charged by the hotel at checkout.". So I was wondering if this NYOP deal covers this mandatory fee. Do you know?

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]