Priceline Hotel: Is 10 days too long?

TZMOM
By TZMOM,
in

I have only used Priceline once for a room in Baltimore's Inner Harbor. I'm in the process of planning another trip to London and wonder if I should go the "Priceline" route for a hotel.

In your opinion, is 10 nights too long for a Priceline/Hotwire stay? I'd really like to stay in one place instead of splitting up the stay. We're planning on going at the end of the June, beginning of July. I'm also still undecided if I want to stay in a hotel or stay at a "serviced apartment" or flat. Might get more of a "local" feel from the flat, but would be at least $500 more for that time frame.

Thanks for any opinions/thoughts. I've been reading this board for quite a while and taking tips from the other posters.

Jane

You'd have to consider whether a typical London-sized hotel room would get too confining during the 10 days. It's possible you might get one of the more spacious offerings, but you might get a not-very-big room also. I should say that none of the London hotel rooms I've gotten on Priceline have been extremely small (at least compared to super-budget offerings elsewhere).

10 days in a typical hotel room would start to feel rather claustaphobic (sp) I would think. Are you certain a flat would be so very much more? You could also consider that you might offset some of the cost with the ability to have a kitchen and not have to 'eat out' every meal of the day. Also, many flats have laundry facilites included which can also be a savings....both in costs of cleaning and the ability to pack a bit lighter knowing you have easy access to do clothes washing.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]