Priceline Hotel: 4* Paris (Eiffel Tower - Grenelle - Montparnasse) Novotel Paris Tour Eiffel

Experimentee
By Experimentee,
in

Hi,

It's my first time bidding in Paris so I need help.

The dates of my stay are from 26 to 29 August 2013, and I would like at least a 4 star hotel.

Maximum bid is $110.

Will be doing normal tourist stuff so would like a fairly central area close to restaurants, attractions etc, or at least close to transport.

Could I get advice about what zones are good to bid on and what would be the strategy, thanks!

Paris is a fairly spread out city so you can't be 'close to everything' but rather the goal should be to try to be close to the metro so that you can easily get from one location to another.

Not sure of your specific needs or the sights you intend to take in, but generally speaking Champs Elysees, Opera Quarter West, and Opera Quarter East are all considered to be centrally located. When i was in Paris a few years back we stayed in the St. Germain and Latin Quarter areas, and while some like this area very much, i wasn't that much of a fan (i didn't enjoy our hotel which may have soured me on the location)... and i wish i had stayed near the Eiffel Tower (which others feel is a bit removed)

Are you seeking a 4* hotel?

Others more local or who travel to this area more frequently then i do feel free to add your own thoughts.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There are lots of these lists on the web, but for one "Paris top 10 tourist things" CLICK HERE.

Everybody's list is different. I once picked getting a haircut over the Eiffel Tower.

I was just there with my 18-year-old granddaughter. We did do the Eiffel Tower 3rd, but her choice of 1st and 2nd activities was the Catacombs and the Paris Sewer Tour. Toward the end of our stay, some museum got bumped off the list for some serious gawking at the Galeries Lafayette - probably the most elegant department store I've ever seen.

Although we'd already climbed it a different day, we spent a chunk of time one evening eating ice cream and waiting for them to turn the lights on for the Eiffel Tower.

If your budget won't work while bidding for the more central zones (but by all means try it first), I've successfully stayed clear out in the La Defense and the Gare du Nord zones.

You don't have a lot of time there. Some of those "Hop-on, hop-off" tour buses let you use a 24-hour clock, so you can wear yourself out one afternoon and then take another shot at it the next morning. Or get a 48-hour deal. You can study their routes while you are still at home (via the web), and pick the one that seems to best fit your Top-10 list.

Romelle

I was testing the waters and started bidding at $80 with St Germain, and adding one zone at a time and increasing my bid.

I got Novotel Paris Tour Eiffel at $108 with all my zones added, and that was going to be my last bid for today.

The Eiffel Tower zone was the last zone I added so I'm wondering if it could have been cheaper if I'd added it first, and also this hotel seems to be in the Porte de Versailles area rather than Eiffel Tower, so I'm hoping it's not too far out as I was wanting something central. It looks like a good deal anyway as it is a lot less than normal price.

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're pleased with the results and this property works well for your plans. It is possible that this hotel could have been won for less, but with hotel direct rates more than double this, i wouldn't think it would be available for too much less, and better to focus on the $100/nite savings than just a few dollars that may have been left on the table.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. From the map i'm looking at, this property is correctly classified in the Eiffel Tower zone (it's not in the Porte de Versailles zone)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]