Priceline Hotel: London 11/1-11/4

currybai
By currybai,
in

Hi,

I been browsing through the forum and the information here is great. I been using some of the same strategies that are used here for bidding on hotels in London.

If I'm not mistaken, Regents Park is the hot deal area right now. I keep trying to bid on Regents park for around 60-75 USD and it is just not going through. Any advice? I tried at least 10 times already.

My first choice would be soho-mayfair, westminister, and bloomsbury. But I really don't want to spend more than 90 a night and I figured that the less I spend on hotel the more I can spend on other things. Do you think a 3 star property in those areas would be suitable? I desire a 4 star.

If you haven't yet please start by reading your messages.

Have you included these other two zones in your bidding or have you thus far only bid Regents Park?

Are you wiling to increase your bid to your $90 maximum at this point in time?

I don't know what type of hotels you are used to staying in, but if you're seeking a 4* hotel, then a 3* in Europe may be a bit disappointing as their star ratings are a bit more generous then their US counterparts... so you a 3* in Europe could be equivalent to a 2*/2.5* in the States.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the information above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

I been browsing through the forum and the information here is great. I been using some of the same strategies that are used here for bidding on hotels in London.

If I'm not mistaken, Regents Park is the hot deal area right now. I keep trying to bid on Regents park for around 60-75 USD and it is just not going through. Any advice? I tried at least 10 times already.

All the recent wins for a 4 star in Regents Park are at least $95 to $110. So it's highly unlikely you'd win for $75, unless you drop your star level.

All the recent wins for Regent's Park are higher because it is high season now, the lower prices were booked last fall and winter. It could be that it is just too soon, the hotel revenue managers just haven't sold any rooms at low prices to PL. There's no rush to pay too much too soon, I'd wait a while before bidding higher. I know there's a huge conference called WTM in London in mid-November that makes it hard to get a cheap hotel, not sure what else is going on and if that is a factor.

I also would not drop the star level, if it was a few days prior to your trip that would be a different story. You'll still almost 4 months out.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]