Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Union Square West - Nob Hill) Hilton San Francisco

FrazierGA
By FrazierGA,
in

I started with your PRICELINE.com link.

I have been planning a weekend trip to San Francisco for over a month and was bidding for a hotel in the Union Square - East zone for the last two weekends in April; I had bid up to $140 unsuccessfully, starting with 4 star and then lowering my star rating to 3.5. No bid was accepted. I looked at the hotel website prices and saw that the rates were very high for these weekends (with the highest price being April 19-22). I then started bidding for the weekend of May 3-6. Again, my bids up to $140 for 4 and 3.5 star hotels were rejected. On March 10, I started bidding on Union Square - West in addition to Union Square - East, when I saw that someone had gotten the Hilton for $109 during this period. I bid up to $120 and was rejected. On March 11, I did the same thing, with the same results. Naturally, I was disappointed since I had seen another person win with a $109 bid. On March 12, I bid $105 and was rejected; I then raised my bid to $110 and was ACCEPTED. I don't know why my earlier, higher bids were rejected, but I was pleased with this result. The website rate for these days is $143 (non-refundable). I did notice that someone else has gotten this property for $109 during this period, after I won but before I posted.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]