Priceline Hotel: 3* Austin (Downtown) Doubletree Hotel Austin-University Area

FrazierGA
By FrazierGA,
in

I began with your PRICELINE link.

Over the past several days I had bid up to $115 for 4-star and 3.5-stars in the Austin Downtown zone without success. I did the same today and was rejected. I then lowered my star rating to 3 and bid $90. I was rejected. I increased my bid to $95 and was accepted.

I admit that I am somewhat disappointed since the website rate for this hotel for this date is only about $10 more (after fees); plus I was hoping to be closer to actual downtown Austin.

Sorry to see the savings aren't as much as you would have lived and the location is not the best for you for this trip, but hopefully you'll find a way to make it work out as best as possible for your needs.

This hotel does appear to be an 'outlier' in the sense that it is somewhat cheaper for these dates then most of the other similarly rated hotels in the area, so their $109 rate may be somewhat discounted already that they're not willing to go much lower than that, even for an opaque purchase.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay... and Doubletree chocolate chip cookies! :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]