Priceline Hotel: 4* Minneapolis - St. Paul (Downtown Minneapolis) The Hotel Minneapolis Autograph Collection

FrazierGA
By FrazierGA,
in

Naturally, I started with your PRICELINE.com link. I am posting this under two dates to show both a win and a failed bidding process.

I have been bidding for a 4 start downtown Minneapolis hotel for about two weeks for November 10-12. I have won hotels in the $50-55 range but on one occasion had to split my bid and ended up paying $80, so I was familiar with the winning price range (and, of course, I had this board to guide me). After bidding up to $80 the past several days and having my bids rejected, I decided to split my bids. Yesterday,I bid up to $80 and was rejected. I knew that the more expensive night was Saturday night, so I split my bid and bid on Sunday night. My first bid, of $55, was accepted by The Hotel Minneapolis Autograph Collection. (The website rate is $159.) I then started bidding for the night of November 10. Yesterday and today I bid up to $90 and was rejected. I don't know what is going on that Saturday night, but it is difficult to get downtown room for a reasonable price.

(Yesterday, I noticed that someone had bid on a 2 star hotel and was pleased with the hotel. My two bids of $40 and $45 for a two-star hotel were rejected. I checked that hotel's website and discovered that it had no rooms available for November 10.)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]