Priceline Hotel: 4* Minneapolis - St. Paul (Downtown Minneapolis) The Westin Minneapolis

FrazierGA
By FrazierGA,
in

Because I had to split my bids, I am posting this same post under both days (here is a link to the other Priceline hotel). I have been bidding on a two-night stay in a 4 star downtown Minneapolis hotel for about 4 weeks.

I started with your PRICELINE link.

Up until about 10 days ago, I would start at $45 and bid in increments to $60. My bids were never accepted. About 5 days ago I increased my bids to $70, but they were still not accepted. I bid up to $75 yesterday, and my bids were not accepted.

Several weeks ago, I had been told by someone who works in a Minneapolis hotel that something must be happening on Thursday, Sept. 13, since the prices for rooms that night spiked from the normal rates. Sure enough, when I checked Priceline earlier today, I was told that the median price for a 4 star downtown hotel on Sept. 13 was $289, whereas the median price for a 4 star downtown hotel on Sept. 14 was $123. (I realize that these may not be accurate figures, but it gave me some idea about the difference in room rates for those two nights.)

I then bid for a 4 star downtown hotel on Sept. 14. I stated at $45 and using rebid zones, I bid up to $52, which was accepted by the Radisson Plaza. I then bid for a 4 star downtown hotel on Sept. 13, starting at $50. After using rebid zones, my bid of $80 was accepted by the Westin. As a matter of information, the Radisson Plaza has a posted rate of $115 for that Friday night; the Westin’s posted, non-refundable rate for the Thursday night is $299!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]