Hotwire Hotel: 3* San Francisco (Union Square West - Nob Hill) Mark Twain

jfl
By jfl,
in

I always use PRICELINE or HOTWIRE to start bidding (thanks). My husband and I decided a couple of days ago to use an airline reward to go to San Francisco for a few days. I'm looking for guidance on what I may need to bid up to on PRICELINE. HOTWIRE looks pretty expensive.

We want to stay in the city area because we aren't going to get a car. We would like to spend $150 or less, but will go up to $200.

I also wonder if a 3* in San Fran is equivalent to other cities I book hotels in Atlanta, St Louis, Cincinnati, and other places in the East.

Any suggestions appreciated.

I also wonder if a 3* in San Fran is equivalent to other cities I book...

I would expect a little less from a 3* in major cities as:

1) real estate is a little more expensive than in other areas, and hotels are often conversions of older buildings which may have had odd configurations at the time built, so rooms may tend to be a little smaller than in their non-large city counterparts

2) large cities tend to have a bit higher traffic/occupancy and the rooms get used and worn a bit more quickly then elsewhere

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My guess is that this will likely take more than $200, but if you let us know exactly which zones, by PRICELINE name, you're willing to accept we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

If rejected, is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Had no luck using PRICELINE so used HOTWIRE.

Hotel Mark Twain

345 Taylor Street,

San Francisco, CA, 94102

(415) 673-2332

Boutique Hotel

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Free Internet

Accessible path of travel

Accessible bathroom

Rate per night:$189.00

Tax recovery charges & fees:$37.16

Total:$226.16

Congratulations on your success!

I seem to recall this being an expensive nite in the city, so while probably more than you'd like to have spent, hope you find it to be a good value given the higher than usual demand.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us add this new amenity set for this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

• 2 weeks later...

I was disappointed that the same price was offered on Expedia and I could have receied Welcome Rewards. The room was nice enough, but the hotel was by the Tenderloin and I couldn't sleep due to conversations, I guess, by the homeless. Don't take room 314 if you want quiet at night. The Taylor Street Cafe next door was great for breakfast and don't worry if you see a long line to sit because they move it along.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]