Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Dallas (Downtown) Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Memphis_Guy
By Memphis_Guy,
in

Attending a conference at the Dallas Crowne Plaza Downtown. I can get a room at the conference rate of $89 a night, but thought I could do better on Priceline. Nope.

Day 1, I bid $49 for 3* in Downtown, and then rebid 4 times, adding Dallas West Pinnacle (no hotels above 2.5*), Garland (no hotels above 2.5*), Carrollton (no hotels above 2.5*), and Grand Prairie South (no hotels above 2.5*). Each time I increased my bid by $2. Stopped at $57.

Day 2, I bid $59, and then rebid 4 more times, each time increasing my bid by $2. Stopped at $67.

Day 3, I bid $69, and then rebid 4 more times, each time increasing my bid by $2. Stopped at $77.

I give up. Tomorrow I'll call the hotel and ask for the conference rate.

Sorry to hear your bids were not accepted... what is the conference rate?

You may want to book the conference rate and re-try PRICELINE in the future as it is still nearly 2 months before your stay. Is the conference at this specific hotel? Is it a large conference?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Given the bids you had already made and were turned away, i think you're better off with the conference rate since the few dollars you could save by bidding higher wouldn't be worth the risk of winning a different property.

Thanks for closing this thread with your decision... enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Attending a conference at the Dallas Crowne Plaza Downtown. Priceline has it as a 3-star hotel. It's the only 3-star hotel that anyone on this board (to the best of my knowledge) has won, and I think I remember that several people have gotten it in the $50 range. I thought if I bid for 3-stars in Downtown Dallas it would be the only hotel I would get, and that's good because it's where the conference is. Well, maybe they usually have rooms set aside for Priceline, but evidently they don't for the dates I wanted. Probably because of the conference I'm attending.

As per above I previously tried for this hotel and stopped at $77/night with no win. I was reminded that I was more than 2 months out so I might think about trying again closer to the dates of my travel. So today I tried.

1. $59 for 3* in Downtown --> Priceline counter-offer of $79. I rejected it.

2. $65 for 3* in Dallas West Pinnacle (no hotels above 2.5*) --> FAIL

3. $69 for 3* in Carrollton (no hotels above 2.5* --> FAIL

4. $72 for 3* in Garland (no hotels above 2.5*) --> WIN

BUT...It's not the Crowne Plaza. It's the Sheraton, which is a 3.5* property. It's a 15 minute walk to the Conference. Oh well. I saved a few bucks, and my body-fat isn't going anywhere unless I walk more, so maybe it's a good thing.

Offer Price: $72.00

Rooms: 1

Nights: 3

Room Subtotal: $216.00

Taxes & Fees: $39.87

Total Charged to Card: $255.87

Used the PRICELINE link.

Sorry to see you didn't get the Crowne Plaza, but it seems like the Sheraton won't work out too bad for you.

As you're now aware, when you bid on PRICELINE the star rating is the minimum you're willing to accept, and PRICELINE will always upgrade you (if possible) to a higher rated hotel.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay... and the conference.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]