Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Maryland - DC Suburbs (Bethesda - South Rockville) Hilton Washington Dc Rockville Executive Meeting Center

Memphis_Guy
By Memphis_Guy,
in

I know there's no way to guarantee things, but I was hoping for the Legacy Hotel in Rockville. Free parking, free internet, and less than 3 minutes from the 4* Marriott in North Bethesda, where there is a conference I'm attending. I had no desire to stay in a 3.5* or 4* hotel because it's more expensive and they ding you for every little extra. So I was shooting for 3* in Rockville, 3 minutes away. Danged if I didn't get the 3.5* hotel across the street from the Legacy. No free parking. No free internet. But still saved about $80 total off of what I would have paid for 2 rooms for 2 nights at the Marriott at their very lowest internet rate. So I count it as a win.

Bid $50 for 3* in Rockville. Fail.

Bid $56 for 3* in Rockville and Camp Springs (they have no 3 star hotels on Priceline). Fail.

Bid $62 for 3* in Rockville, Camp Springs, and Upper Marlboro (they also have no 3 star hotels on Priceline). Fail.

Logged off, cleared my cookies and cache, logged in again through a different account.

Bid $65 for 3* in Rockville. Fail.

Bid $68 for 3* in Rockville and Camp Springs. WIN! @ 3.5 stars

They actually "congratulated" me because they were upgrading me to 3.5 stars. Whoop-dee-doo. Thanks.

$15/day to park

$10/day for Internet. Not wireless.

Offer Price: $68.00

Rooms: 2

Nights: 2

Room Subtotal: $272.00

Taxes & Fees: $47.80

Total Charged to Card: $319.80

Mixed reviews on TripAdvisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g41353-d93812-Reviews-Hilton_Washington_DC_Rockville_Executive_Meeting_Center-Rockville_Maryland.html

Used the forum PRICELINE link.

Congratulations on your success!

Sorry to see this wasn't exactly what you were looking for, but glad to hear it's still a savings over your alternate options and can make this work for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]