Hotwire Hotel: 4* Fort Lauderdale (North Ft. Lauderdale) Help Identifying Please

Canucktraveller
By Canucktraveller,
in

Hi, Hotwire is currently offering a 4* hotel in North Fort Lauderdale for $64 (+$13.43 tax) for one night - Nov 25-26. Amenities are pretty basic/common: smoke-free, fitness, pool, restaurant, business centre and high-speed internet.

I was hoping to come across the Marriott North but that one is 3.5*. Please let me know if you have an idea or not.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

The Westin has been previously reported with this amenity set, so that would be my guess.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks Aaron - Just wondering if the amenities on Hotwire differ from the 'unseen' hotels to the ones for the disclosed hotels. I know when you know the hotel name it is higher than when the name isn't revealed, but in this case, the Westin is also available on their hotel list where they name the hotel - but it has many more amenities listed: Front Desk, Audio Visual Equipment, child care, among others + the ones I listed above. It also doesn't list high-speed internet or smoke-free on the amenities list when its revealed. Any thoughts or does this change your guess in any way?

Hi - I've been reading the FAQ's, and other parts of the message boards for both PL and HW. I'm very confused with PL. Experienced users talk about adding an area that doesn't have the star rating or above that you're looking for to re-bid, which makes sense - but I don't know what I would get that info?

I thought I would have to get it from the PL Retail site, but I just read in the FAQ that the Retail and Blind part of the sites use different hotels, so you can't go on that.

How then do you determine what star ratings are in what areas? I guess I have wasted effort writing down all the hotels at the different star levels for each area listed in the Retail part of the site, but where else do I go to find this info? :S

Also as a Part Two to my question - the areas listed under the Retail are different than the areas listed on the 'Blind' part of the site.

If you need it to offer me some advice, I'm looking for Fort Lauderdale, FL for Nov 25-Nov 26.

Any insight you have is appreciated! Sorry if I missed this if it was already answered on the message boards!

I should add that I clicked the link for betterchecker and found that to not be helpful - would you really have to go through every hotel chain to see availability in your city to get an idea of what hotels Priceline 'might' have for bidding on? Seems like it would take a lot of time and be pretty inaccurate.

Sorry, I'm just trying to figure all this out! Thought I had it figured out but I don't.

ANSWER: Nevermind - I'm an idiot! You have to go in as though you are going to place a bid and look at each area of your city individually and click on it to see what star ratings below are available. That is what tells you what star ratings are available in each area.

The simple basic things you don't know until you try it out...isn't obvious to people who have never used it!

Can I delete this thread?

Welcome!

A rebidding zone is one in which the highest star rating is lower than the the star rating that you are bidding. Fort Lauderdale has 11 bidding zones. In order to determine your rebid Zones, you need to check each zone individually and note the highest star rating for that zone. For example, if you are bidding at the 4* level, there are 5 rebid zones, can you name them?

Also, the hotels on the bidding side of PRICELINE are different from the shop and compare side.

Yes, thanks! I was just writing that down! Took me a while but I finally figured it out. ;)

Rebid zones if I were bidding on 4* in Ft L would be: Coral Springs, FL Airport North, FL North, Miramar, Pompano Beach. If I were bidding 3.5* then its the same rebid zones except FL North, unless I wanted FL North.

Thanks so much, good to know I'm on the right track. Will see if I get the nerve to attempt to bid/book! I have a suspicion that the 3.5* is the Marriott FL North, which is where my friends are staying, but of course there is no way of knowing for sure. I'll keep plugging away and see if I have more questions.

Cheers!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]