Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Newark - Meadowlands (Newark - Airport EWR) Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel

travelj
By travelj,
in

I originally bid on Manhattan hotels but it was getting too expensive for my budget so I changed my strategy to Newark area hotels since that is the airport I will be using. My opening bid of $115 was not accepted. I was given a message that if I added $28 to my bid, it would be accepted. Instead of doing that, I added another zone & added $12 to my original bid. My bid of $127 was accepted. I am happy with the hotel because I can just take the complimentary shuttle to EWR & then take a train into Manhattan. I used the PRICELINE link to place my bid.

Offer price: $127

Subtotal: $254

Taxes: $49.08

Total: $303.08

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the results. If you have this route again in the future i would sooner look towards the Jersey City/Hoboken area as staying by the airport isn't really that convenient to NYC. It's time consuming to take the shuttle to the airport, then the monorail to the train, then the train to Manhattan... and the train isn't that cheap (i think it's about $15-$20RT iirc)

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am happy with the hotel because I can just take the complimentary shuttle to EWR & then take a train into Manhattan.

Ask if the shuttle driver to take you to Newark Penn Station. The train fare is less and you won't have to mess with the monorail to the EWR Train Ststion.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]