Priceline Hotel: 4* Amsterdam (City Center-Museum Quarter) Marriott

norwegianwife
By norwegianwife,
in

HI. Ok, we need 2 rooms in Amsterdam for one night (a Friday) before our flight the next day. We want to stay in City Center. As I mentioned in the title, we want a 4*. There are no free re-bid zones in Amsterdam via Priceline when bidding for a 4*. What is a good strategy for bidding? Have seen other people getting rooms in late July for the 80 dollar range, but is this a realistic expectation for a Friday night? Should we go CRAZY and bid for a 5* in the Center using the 2 free rebids with a limit of 100? We would like to spend no more than 100 dollars for the night! Thanks in advance for any thoughts!!!!

You cannot loose anything if you try for 5 star for 100 $ offer... however you won't probably be successful. However, you can still bid for 4 stars after that. I wouldn't expect high prices for a Friday night, probably more for a night during the week. As you still have some time, you can start quite "low" I think, maybe starting with 70$something.. and go higher after the 72hours passed... (or you bid on PL SG/HKG).

Your Offer Price: $90.00

Number of Rooms: 2

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $180.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$22.72

Total Charges: $202.72

The Amsterdam Marriott. 4 star and Great Reviews on Tripadvisor. (average of 5 out of 5)

I checked City Centre Museum Quarter. Bid 80. Priceline came back with an offer of 90, so I took it. Suspect I could have gotten it for 85 if i waited 3 more days, but 5 dollars is ok with us! Lowest price for our particular night through hotel website was 135 Euro before Taxes, so we are THRILLED!

Bid through savingsbarn.com

Thanks for everyone's help! :)

Glad it worked out for you (ooops! now i'm just parroting Chris26WI :) )

Seriously, glad to hear you are happy (thrilled is the word i think you used) with the results and now your plans are all set.

Thank you for using the SavingsBarn.com to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]