Priceline Hotel: 3.5* DC (Dupont Circle-Woodley Park) Marriott Wardman Park

FrazierGA
By FrazierGA,
in

I started with your PRICELINE link.

For the past 6 weeks I have been bidding for Convention Center, Dupont Circle, Georgetown-Foggy Bottom, and White House for these dates. I was using $6 in Priceline Reward money. Using re-bid zones I originally started at 85 for 4 stars and got to $125 but was not accepted. I tried 3.5 stars up to $120 and was also rejected. Tried 3 stars up to $115 and was also rejected. This happened on numerous occasions, including yesterday (except I did not bid on 3 stars).

Today I started with 4 stars and bid up to $125 with no luck. Since I had bid up to $120 on 3.5 stars in the past with no luck, I started at $100 and was immediately accepted by the Marriott Wardman Park. When I started to post this information, I saw that someone had gotten the same hotel for the weekend prior to my stay for $75. For some reason, the weekday rates for my stay seem to have been quite a bit higher, so I am not terribly disappointed with my success. I might have gotten the room for a few dollars less, but since my bids up to $120 for a 3.5 star hotel for my dates had been rejected in the past, I felt like I needed to start a little higher. If I had read the earlier post before bidding today, I would probably have started at $85 and re-bid in $10 increments. Still the published rate for my days is $299/night, so I feel pretty good.

Note: All the amounts listed above were before the $6/night Priceline reward addition.

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like an excellent deal for these nites and some very nice savings!

Glad to see you're pleased with the results and are looking forward to your stay.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Have a great trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]