Priceline Hotel: San Diego Downtown and Harbor Island

Joseph1
By Joseph1,
in

To follow up on the previous post, I started bidding for a 4* room in downtown/waterfront area at $100, and then by adding zones I increased my bidding to $139 in 7 increments. No luck. So, I have a group rate of $179 at Marriot Marina which is more convenient so I think I will just stay there unless I can find something at significant savings without sacrificing comfort. I will probably rebid again tomorrow.

I dont know what's going on in San Diego that weekend but rates are very high. Most of the Downtown 4* that have rooms available are over $300.

Hotwire only has two options Downtown: a 3* in Gaslamp North for $198 and a 1* in Downtown-Harbor Island for $113. No 4* at all. (Hotwire has three Downtown zones and on a typical night they'd be offering a 4* option in all three.)

If you want to beat your $170 rate at the Marriott my suggestion is to bid for a 3.5* or 3* Downtown. If either of those options interest you let us know and someone will offer a strategy.

Please use this PRICELINE link for your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]