Priceline Hotel: First time with Priceline - Carlsbad area

HaileeBee
By HaileeBee,
in

Hi, I've just been browsing around the forums trying to develop a strategy for getting a good hotel near Legoland 7/22-7/24. The hotels next to the park are 3.5 star places and I would love one of those, but 3 stars would be ok too, so from what I've read, I think I've got an idea what to do.

1) Bid for 3.5 stars in the Carlsbad/Oceanside area

2) Keep rebidding 3.5 stars with Carlsbad/Oceanside and one other area that has hotels 3 stars and below while increasing my bid.

3) If I reach my max without getting a bid accepted, rebid just Carlsbad/Oceanside with 3 star rating. If that doesn't work

4) Rebid and include 3 star areas that would be good alternates to Carlsbad/Oceanside, since almost all the areas near San Diego have at least 3 star hotels.

Have I got a good plan? Suggestions? When would the close-my-browser-and-bid-again tactic come into play?

Thanks!

Hailee

Welcome to BetterBidding!

When bidding 3.5*, you actually have NINE zones which only have 3* and lower rated hotels. Using the information in Priceline Re-Bidding Explained, are you able to determine your NINE re-bid zones? What is your maximum bid at the 3.5* level?

Let us know the above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Welcome to the board.

To help you in setting your bidding limit I'll mention that your dates are during Comic-Con, an enormous comic and fantasy convention that happens every July in downtown San Diego. Usually a convention in downtown San Diego doesn't affect rates as far away as Carlsbad/North County but Comic-Con is so big it drives up rates practically all over the county. You'll probably have to bid higher for these dates than the "average" rates you see for other dates.

Sheraton is the popular resort next to Legoland that Priceline rates 3.5*. (Another 3.5* could come up too.) Sheraton is $299 for your dates. Hotwire has a 4* Carlsbad for $241 that appears to be Sheraton. It's possible this could take $175 or more on Priceline. You have enough time to try some lower bids first, and maybe you'll be lucky.

The North County 3* are high too. Hotwire's 3* Carlsbad is $213 and the 3* Encinitas is $191.

If you have the flexiblity to change your dates you can probably get better hotel rates.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]