Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Westwood-Century City) Hyatt Century Plaza

jjhung88
By jjhung88,
in

Have been bidding 4* in the area for over 2 weeks and got nothing even up to $150. Tried today starting with $145 since on hotwire I got 3.5* at $142 already and prices have been going up constantly over the 3 week period. Anyway this time first try and got accepted. I was really hoping for the Palomar but Hyatt Regency Century Plaza is still okay. Checked rack rate is $269/night.

You're the first to report winning the Hyatt in PL's Century City-Westwood zone. Until now Century City area was part of Beverly Hills-West Hollywood zone.

PL recently shifted CC out of BH-WH and merged it with the former Brentwood-Westwood zone, now renamed "Westwood-Century City".

To update the Hotel List three hotels moved from BH-WH to WW-CC:

4* Hyatt Century Plaza

4* Intercontinental Century City

3* Courtyard Century City

Hyatt and Intercontinental probably came up more often than any other 4* in Bev Hills-WeHo. Now that they're in Westwood zone the door is open for other 4* hotels in BH-WH zone to appear more often. I expect we'll be seeing more of Andaz, Sofitel, and Mondrian now, among others.

I noticed something a little odd in Priceline's new Beverly Hills-WeHo zone map. There's a triangle-shaped notch cut out of the zone, at the west end. That missing triangle is where the Beverly Hilton is located. The zone looks like it was gerrymandered to specifically exclude the Hilton, which isn't in any Priceline zone now.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]