Priceline Hotel: Best S. Cal Priceline Beach Hotels

pktrumbo
By pktrumbo,
in

My family and i are looking for a Priceline Hotel located on or walking distance to a S. Cal Beach for a three day weekend in August. We willing to go south as far as Dana Point and North as far as Santa Monica. Does anyone have experience of which Prliceline hotels are truely on or near a S. Cal Beach in between those cities?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to share your experience with me.

Peter

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Few points before you move forward...

You mention you're looking for a room for your family. Assuming you're looking for only one room, note that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. Is this a risk you're willing to accept?

As well, when you bid on PRICELINE you can receive a hotel anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone. Unless the entire zone is within walking distance of the beach, there is no way to ensure that you'll receive a hotel which meets this criteria.

Considering the above, HOTWIRE may be a better, yet slightly more expensive, option given your needs as you can 1) search for up to quad occupancy and 2) choose a property with the Beachfront or Beach Access icon, which would ensure this meets your goal for this trip.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hey Admin. Thank you for the response. I am fairly familar with both Priceline and Hotwire (although I didn't recall Hotwire had a beach symbol).

I am pursuing Priceline first in hopes of savings more and did know about the bed policy. We would be booking two rooms for our family; me, wife and two daughter in college (therefore the need to save money :)).

As for a Priceline Beach or nearby location that is why I joined this board in hopes that thru experience I could learn that a certain rating (probably 4 or 5 star) in a certain zone that was just purchased was _____ which I can see is on or close to a beach.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

I don't know Orange County hotels well enough to comment there, but as far as beachfront zones in LA, there's Santa Monica-Marina Del Rey zone and Manhattan-Redondo Beach zones.

In both those zones though, at every quality level, there are hotels that are six blocks or more from a beach. There's no Priceline bidding strategy that guarantees a beachfront hotel in any LA zone.

Maybe someone else will have some tips for getting beachfront in Orange County.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]