Priceline Hotel: 3.5* San Diego (Hotel Circle / Mission Valley West) ... 07/18/11-7/21/

Spill
By Spill,
in

I am looking for a hotel room for my family (2 adults/2 kids) for 07/18/11 - 07/21/11. We would prefer something at 3.5* or better and think our best bet for a good deal is the Hotel Circle / Mission Valley West zone but we seem to be having little to no luck.

We have bid up to $95 for a 4* in the Downtown zone and up to $87 for a 3.5* in the Hotel Circle / Mission Valley West zone with no luck. I am trying to avoid splitting the dates into seperate bids so we can be at the same place for all three nights, but will do so if that is our best course of action. I am looking for any suggestions at this point.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

You might be running into difficulties because of Comic-Con, the huge fantasy and comic book convention that happens every July in San Diego. The convention is 7/21-7/24 this year but preview night is 7/20, which overlaps your stay, and the zones most impacted by the convention (which is Downtown) are Downtown and adjacent, including Hotel Circle, Mission Valley, Old Town, and SeaWorld areas.

I know you don't want to split but I think you'll have better chance of success if you can eliminate 7/20.

Any interest in trying for North County area, near Legoland---either for all three nights or just 7/20?

Please use these HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links for your purchases.

Also, are you bidding for only one room? If so, keep in mind that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. Is this a risk you're willing to accept?

If not, HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Checking HOTWIRE on 2 adults/2 children--guaranteeing two beds--they do have some things near Downtown/Mission Valley all three nights (no splitting) but higher than you've been bidding.

4* Gaslamp North $144

4* Downtown Harbor Island $163

3.5* Mission Valley $160

Or for under $100 with two beds there's

2* Mission Valley $83

2* Old Town $99

I wouldn't mention the 2* but they have 80% and 90% approval ratings, so possibly viable options if you want this area and $100 is your limit.

You can probably beat these rates on PRICELINE but no two-bed guarantee.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]