Priceline Hotel: Advice for 4* in USE June 06-07, 2011

finnegan
By finnegan,
in

Hello!

I have been frequent reader and visitor of this great forum and today I decided to join as the dates of my travel are coming near and I need to start bidding at Priceline for the first time myself!!! Haven't used Priceline at all before, so I need all kind of advice and help and possible bidding strategy aswell! :)

I'm hoping to bid for 4* USE hotel for dates Mon-Tuesday - 6th and 7th June, 2011. Checkout on 8th.

For these 2 dates and in this section (USE) should I start at 70 $? Or are the regular rates for this time period higher? So I should start around 80$? I hope its possible to win the hotel under 100$ or at least no more than 105$.

I have a month to go, so should I start bidding away?

p.s. I have in any case booked refundable 3* in USE, if Priceline bids don't work, but it costs 145$ a night! I would very much prefer to win 4*stars and on Priceline with 100$ price range!

Thanks to everyone who has time to look into it or help!!! :)

Regards!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I hope its possible to win the hotel under 100$ or at least no more than 105$.
Based on 4* rates in USE I don't think $105 will probably be enough.

Westin St Francis $256

Grand Hyatt $246

Taj Campton $272

You've got more than a month if you want to try some lowball bids in the $70-100 range first, but I think this will more likely take closer to $110-$140.

HOTWIRE has a 4* in USE for $209 that looks like Parc 55, which is in PRICELINE's USW zone. (PRICELINE and HOTWIRE use different zone maps in downtown SF.)

If you try any bidding please let us know how it goes. Are you familiar with free rebidding, a technique that allows you to make multiple bids in the same day? If not let us know and someone will post a link.

Please use this PRICELINE link to start your purchases.

Thanks for suggestions!!! :)

The regular hotel rates seem quite high for USE around these Mon-Tue dates, or are the typical for this area??

I'm starting to think I should may-be consider USW area too? From previous posts and calendar of wins USW seems to be a little bit cheaper than USE?? What do you think should I add this section to get lower rates? I really wouldn't like to go much over 105$.

p.s. I'll definately use the links here as this forum has been a GREAT help for understanding Priceline!!! :)

Rates are date specific and as noted above rates for these dates are somewhat high... based upon current rated i don't think you're going to be able to score anything at the 4* level and 'downtown' for $105 or less. You're likely going to have to raise your bid, lower your star rating, or consider something outside of the USE/USW zones.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (please click this PRICELINE link before replying)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]