Priceline Hotel: 2.5* St Louis (South) Best Western St Louis Inn

Memphis_Guy
By Memphis_Guy,
in

I've won this property before at this same price, but being a cheapskate, I wanted to see if I could do better. To save $10, I was willing to go with a 2* property, but I wanted this same neighborhood. I've discovered that $35 is about as good as I'm going to be able to do for that neighborhood, and the Best Western there really is a great property. I hate that Priceline thinks that a $35 room will have $12.86 in taxes. It's completely bogus. I'm certain they're skimming that as net profit. I have no problem with a business making a profit, but let's be honest about it.

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $35.00

Taxes & Fees: $12.86

Total Charges*: $47.86

Used the link for PRICELINE.

==BIDDING DETAILS==

Bid St. Louis (South) 2* at $25 - REJECTED

Added (Forest Park - Clayton) at $28 - REJECTED

Added (Downtown) at $31 - REJECTED

Logged out, wiped my cookies and browser cache, logged back in with a different account and credit card, and increased my star rating because I'm not willing to pay above $31 for a 2* property.

Bid St. Louis (South) 2.5* at $32 - REJECTED. At this point, Priceline told me that if I were willing to increase my bid to $47, I could get a room. Whatever.

Added (Forest Park - Clayton) at $35 - ACCEPTED

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]